Icons on Ext Hard Drive recordings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

mfoster711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 8, 2010
College Station, Tx
When viewing the recordings on the Ext Hard Drive the Icons are generic instead of showing the fancy Icon associates with the actual recording. Is this just a bug?

I should have mentioned....all these recordings were made on my previous 722 DVR, is that part of the problem? If I would have recording this on the Hopper and then transferred them to the Hard Drive would it have the Icons?

One thing that I noticed is that the icons will show up on the EHD for shows that you also have at least one other episode on the internal drive e.g. say you have "MythBusters" on the EHD and the Hopper then the icon will show up on the EHD but the "The Office" which you only have on the EHD the icon will be blank on the EHD.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
It shouldn't make a difference as to which receiver they came from, but you can try transferring them back and forth

So Matt, its there something can be done to fix this on future software updates? Thanks

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
It may be added in a future software update, but we do not have any additional information at this time

Many of the icons actually do appear when you go into the transfer recordings menu, but do not appear when viewing through the DVR area. I think it is a bug with very low priority with the guys writing the code. It has been discussed on this forum before. It drives me and one other guy crazy. (Maybe two other guys now.)

Every time I get a software update I check to see if it is fixed! :(

I transferred a ton of programs off a Hopper that is going to be replaced tomorrow. Lots of icons missing....

We are talking about the same people that couldn't get the green and blue IR buttons working on the 922. In any case, it would have been helpful to actually save the thumbnail as part of the metadata of the file instead of relying on it from being downloaded from the satellite.

While the icons on the EHD is pretty, I don't find it terribly necessary. The title of the saved program is underneath the blank icon. That's really all I need to be able to select a program to watch. There might be more important things out there for Dish to attend to.....

While the icons on the EHD is pretty, I don't find it terribly necessary. The title of the saved program is underneath the blank icon. That's really all I need to be able to select a program to watch. There might be more important things out there for Dish to attend to.....
Perhaps in the beginning, but the Hopper system has been out for a while. Dish should fix this obviously annoying situation...at least to me it is, and it appears to be annoying several others as well. As I stated before the 922 had this problem and then one day it didn't....obviously Dish has dealt with this before and I presume they remember how the fix goes.

and, as Matt has posted earlier in this thread, they may take care of this in a future update. Once again, usability of the EHD is not hampered.....

and, as Matt has posted earlier in this thread, they may take care of this in a future update. Once again, usability of the EHD is not hampered.....
In my business you can have the best frame up in the world, but if the finish is shabby...so goes the job, at least that's the perception.

Ya know, when I go to transfer EHD recordings back to my Hopper all the thumbnails are there, in all their glory. That's right from the transfer screen looking at the EHD. That tells me the data is there, it just doesn't show when looking at the EHD itself. Still not all that important to me, but that's new information.

Yea, if you look to transfer programming back to the DVR it's there...sort of, the generic white backgrounds (which appear on the EHD, sometimes) are dark grey or black. Anyway it's screwed up and bugs me....you're right though, it's a minor detail, I just wish they'd fix it.

When you are trying to get your 4 year-old and 6 year-old to pick a movie, it's 1000 times easier for them to pick based on an Icon as opposed to me reading off every title to them.

Bobby said:
... Once again, usability of the EHD is not hampered.....

Actually the icons are pretty important as when you're scrolling through a bunch of shows it's much easier to just look for the icon rather than looking at the small text...

Sent from my iPhone 4S using SatelliteGuys