Idea for remote metering

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordAlex

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jul 6, 2006
I've read several posts where people mentioned having small TV's to bring out to the dish so they could read the meter. I have a USB capture device which cost about $40 that I will bring out with my laptop when my pole is set. That might be an option for some of you who have laptops also.

:hatsoff:

Attachments

• metering.jpg
    metering.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 123

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
I did the same thing the other day. I fired up TSReader on the HTPC, NetOp'd in to the HTPC, and watched the meter on the laptop. Best thing ever!

Eastcoast

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 18, 2006
Newfoundland,Canada
Now if we could get some ideas to add to this so you could see the screen on a sunny day would be a big help, I know even my laptop is hard to see in sunlight.

Dave

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
Eastcoast said:
Now if we could get some ideas to add to this so you could see the screen on a sunny day would be a big help, I know even my laptop is hard to see in sunlight.

Dave

Who does FTA work in the day? ;)

LordAlex

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jul 6, 2006
digiblur said:
Who does FTA work in the day? ;)

I did use my work laptop which has a much better screen than mine but I GUARANTEE that I will not be out tweeking before 7 p.m. , toooooooo hot.

LordAlex

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jul 6, 2006
Wahroonga Farm said:
Hi LordAlex, What is the make/model 'capture' device. Sounds cheap?

It's called Dazzle DVD recorder by Pinnacle systems. It's usally $50 but I got it for $40 at circuit city on sale. I use a free software to view it large like in the first post.

Status
Not open for further replies.