Idea for remote metering

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

LordAlex

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 6, 2006
I've read several posts where people mentioned having small TV's to bring out to the dish so they could read the meter. I have a USB capture device which cost about $40 that I will bring out with my laptop when my pole is set. That might be an option for some of you who have laptops also.

:hatsoff:

Attachments

• metering.jpg
    metering.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 137
I did the same thing the other day. I fired up TSReader on the HTPC, NetOp'd in to the HTPC, and watched the meter on the laptop. Best thing ever!

Now if we could get some ideas to add to this so you could see the screen on a sunny day would be a big help, I know even my laptop is hard to see in sunlight.

Dave

Eastcoast said:
Now if we could get some ideas to add to this so you could see the screen on a sunny day would be a big help, I know even my laptop is hard to see in sunlight.

Dave

Who does FTA work in the day? ;)

digiblur said:
Who does FTA work in the day? ;)

I did use my work laptop which has a much better screen than mine but I GUARANTEE that I will not be out tweeking before 7 p.m. , toooooooo hot.

Wahroonga Farm said:
Hi LordAlex, What is the make/model 'capture' device. Sounds cheap?

It's called Dazzle DVD recorder by Pinnacle systems. It's usally $50 but I got it for $40 at circuit city on sale. I use a free software to view it large like in the first post.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)