Ideas needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cdb8457

Original poster
Apr 8, 2009
MO
I am currently thinking about joining my friend with his Directv. I have done this in the past, but I dont worry about local channels and ect. My question and concerns are the LOS, mounting or portable mount, dvr, and the dish.

It has always taken my a few hours for some reason to set it up by not having a signal finder, and me sitting there yelling back and fourth to my wife to see if there is signal. The apt. building I see a lot of possibly off set satellites in my area (dishes pointing through the buildings?) I am not too sure how that works, and does it take a special dish? I believe I have a double lnb slimline and still have the small box that gives it power.

Mounting- Would somthing like this work due to me moving in a while....
or are there better alternatives?

Can I buy a DVR and then use one of their cards and have them activate it and not plug it in to the internet/phone line.

I know this might very noobish, but tried my best to look things up before I posted.

Attachments

• SKY32816_medlrg.jpg
    SKY32816_medlrg.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 117
When you say "joining my friend with Directv", do you mean sharing his account?

Last edited:
Looks like a good old fashioned thief here. We don't condone stealing service (account sharing) here.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I am sorry, I wasn't aware that this site was against it. Just curious, whats your reasoning your against it? I know its plain cheap, but the bank (Wife does want to pay the amount).

Account stacking means two different people/homes are using one account. It's called stealing, and it's also against the terms of service in the agreement you get when you sign up.

Because of the topic, I'm closing this thread.

Reactions: Rey
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)