If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

• Yes - Definitely!!!

Votes: 104 21.5%
  • No - Will use another source for content / downgrade package.

Votes: 322 66.7%
  • Maybe - just not sure

Votes: 57 11.8%

• Total voters

Teehar

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2010
WNC
We won't jump the gun,but if Dish shows no signs of renewing AMC by the time Breaking Bad premieres or no signs of renewing at all then we will make the switch.

empiretc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 4, 2008
You should have also only asked people who actually WATCH AMC to vote.....

You're gonna get a bunch of no replies from people who don't watch AMC, don't care, etc......

Didn't think that would matter. Would have been better to just leave (yes/no/maybe), but that is to be expected of course.

gregleg

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jun 5, 2008
Pittsburgh, PA
My option isn't there so I won't vote. I will not be dropping Dish because I am under contract. If I weren't and AMC wasn't available on October 1st in time for The Walking Dead I would leave. I feel like voting no on this poll would send the message that I am ok with them pulling AMC when in reality I would be pretty upset mad it.

Ditto. I'll get my AMC shows another way if I HAVE to, but I'd really rather be able to use my newly-acquired Hopper system. I've been with Dish for a long time and was out of contract for several years, decided to renew when the Hopper came out and now this happens? Not amused, but I still have hopes they'll come to terms.

empiretc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 4, 2008
Ditto. I'll get my AMC shows another way if I HAVE to, but I'd really rather be able to use my newly-acquired Hopper system. I've been with Dish for a long time and was out of contract for several years, decided to renew when the Hopper came out and now this happens? Not amused, but I still have hopes they'll come to terms.

another NO. This is gonna be a landslide, lol.

stardust3

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 7, 2006
Given our limited programming on dish with the welcome pack, amc has gained a following with my wife. If it goes she will just have to live with it. The welcome pack is here to stay in my house & there will be no package changes either.

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
You should have also only asked people who actually WATCH AMC to vote.....

You're gonna get a bunch of no replies from people who don't watch AMC, don't care, etc......

Which is on point to Dish's claim that AMC is overvalued, no?

Or a no, from someone who USED to watch it. Before the commercials, and when they showed classic movies. The way it is now, I'll never miss it. Bye bye "shadow of the old AMC" ...

Yep, I used to watch AMC and IFC, back before the shadows...

harshness

SatelliteGuys Master
May 5, 2007
Salem, OR
Unless one of the AMC channels is a widespread public passion that is all the rage at the water cooler, I can't see why having them linear is of absolute necessity. Most of the better programming will eventually become available through alternate media.

If DISH dropped a channel that begs to be watched live (as DIRECTV did with VERSUS), that's a different story.

KAB

SatelliteGuys Master
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Fishers, IN
Not amused, but I still have hopes they'll come to terms.
They will. Charlie cleverly put them between a rock and a place...they don't give in and they lose a major revenue stream. THEN, with the potential loss of several million viewers, (and in their case, every little bit hurts) AMC's advertisers start to renegotiate their rates. They can't afford not to play ball with Dish.

lern4483

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 6, 2004
Pompano beach, Fl
Mojo Jojo said:
Yes, there would be a lot of switchin goin on!

Did everyone switch when DirecTV dropped G4 or when Dish dropped Fuse? (Cable drops channels as well. However, one will have to insert their local cable provider if one is available along with the dropped channel. :) )

The only other solution would be to sub to multiple providers...

I'm one of those who spend a small fortune to have it all. I'm sure there are others like me?
So I have backup just in case silliness happens

fhsucade07

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 10, 2007
I won't. I don't get AMC anyways. I MAY upgrade next week for some DVR action with the Death Wish marathon. When we previously had the channel that was about the only time I watched it (in hindsight). I just hope some replacements are made available if they are, in fact, removed. There would have been a time I might have left over IFC. They have moved from what was once their core programming and replaced it with stuff such as Malcolm and all those commercials. That was the reason I went back to Dish America Silver to start with.

fhsucade07

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 10, 2007
james_k_p said:
I love AMC for movies I've seen a million times and just want something on the tv while I play on the computer. Especially all the horror ones during October.

So I'm not sure I'd leave Dish, but it would be something I'd miss and would be a strike against dish imo. Enough strikes and I go.

I'm with you. Outside of the Death Wish marathon, I like the network for the horror movies in October. Not to get my good buddy gpollock started but I can think of a replacement there. :)

B_Kranski

SatelliteGuys Pro
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 29, 2007
Holmen, WI
It is AMC's loss not Dish's as I doubt with all the cool things going on with the hopper that people would leave because of a channel that shows movies from 10+ years ago.

riffjim4069

SatelliteGuys Master
Supporting Founder
Apr 7, 2004
SatelliteGuystonfieldville, U.S.A.
empiretc said:
Funny thing, it is going the way dish is thinking. Most won't really care, lol.

You do realize this poll may be slightly biases since it's in the SatelliteGuys Dish Network forum and not the CableGuys AMC Networks forum...right? It is important to view all credible sources of information in order to each a reasonable conclusion. ;)

Sent from my HTC EVO using SatelliteGuys App

dare2be

SatelliteGuys God
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 15, 2011
FL
Huh? Since it IS Dish Network supposedly dropping the channel, then the SatGuys Dish Forum would be a more accurate sample than an AMC Networks forum. An AMC Networks forum would be more bias skewed.

empiretc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Mar 4, 2008
You do realize this poll may be slightly biases since it's in the SatelliteGuys Dish Network forum and not the CableGuys AMC Networks forum...right? It is important to view all credible sources of information in order to each a reasonable conclusion. ;)

This is the perfect place for it. You wouldn't go ask a bunch of vegetarians what their favorite steak is........ right???

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
Perfect place to ask. As to you don't see people leave when channels are dropped by providers in general, that it's more huffing and puffing, I might agree, but the examples used may not be fair. G4 or Fuse? The AMC channels may be less watched than before but are in a different league than channels like that. I can see some people deciding they really want those channels. But wholesale fleeing, not even close.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)