If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

• Yes - Definitely!!!

Votes: 104 21.5%
  • No - Will use another source for content / downgrade package.

Votes: 322 66.7%
  • Maybe - just not sure

Votes: 57 11.8%

• Total voters
Teehar said:
.....I certainly wouldn't put too much stock in likes on facebook.Too easy for anyone to do that.

I wouldn't put too much stock in ANYTHING on facebook! :eek: :D

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

"Troll B Gone" -that's awesome! :D
....looks like it works too!

Troll B gone...Scott you need to get a patent on that.;)

its been around for a while and I know I've used it once before ;)

attachment.php

Attachments

• 28v32b.jpg
    28v32b.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 3,243
Didn't watch AMC much in their old format when they were competing with TCM for the classic movie audience. After they added ads the channel fell even further on my personal ranking scale, probably only saved by running movies uncut(?) that could be DVRed to skip the commercials. Because I watch it so little and skip ads when I do, I was not aware of their original series, until...

About a month ago I saw a thread here about Dish possibly dropping AMC. I didn't look at the thread for a while since AMC wasn't really on my regular watch list.

One day my wife mentioned DVRing "The Killing" and I found out it was on AMC. So I went back and started reading the Dish - AMC dispute thread and learned that AMC had been producing original programming content since around 2008 and people were upset (some very upset) about losing access to new shows should Dish drop the channel. Figuring where there's smoke there must be fire, I decided to check out one of the original series. I started with Mad Men (at the prompting of my son who watches it through Netflix also) on my Roku through Netflix. I was impressed with the quality of the production and the easy availability of ad-less back episodes on the Roku; in a short time I was hooked on watching the series and quickly moved through the episodes. I've since done the same with Breaking Bad. Not through all of them yet but I can see that happening in month or two.

The question now is what will I do since Dish has dropped AMC? Realistically, the only way I would've watched weekly is recording and watching it later, probably as an aggregate, to skip the ads -- but that's no longer an option. My preference is to watch multiple ad-free episodes now that I've experienced them that way, anyway, so no huge loss. I do have Amazon Prime but have never paid for a TV episode and don't plan to start now. I also don't feel like playing Dish CSR roulette to get a credit so I can watch it streaming without a method to archive, possibly multiple episodes, for later viewing.

So until Dish once again carries AMC, I'll just wait until Netflix loads a season and then watch them my preferred way. Who knows, the allure of watching them may eventually wear off anyway -- can't really say they've improved my life that much what with all the negative themes, almost like a combination of reality show and soap opera, that run through them. Have to admit, they do kill time in an entertaining way, though...

I apologize if this was mentioned in this thread but I didn't read through all the posts...

I think it's kind of funny, odd or whatever that the DISH facebook page has nearly 28,000 more 'Likes' since dropping AMC. For whatever reason the day they dropped AMC, I made a note of their 'Like' because I thought they would plummet. Because I 'unliked' them, for whatever good that would do, I thought other people would as well. On July 1 it was 1,200,662 Likes now it's 1,228,628.

You still have to "Like" a page to complain on that page. I'm guessing that's where the rise comes in. People probably liked the page to complain and didn't unlike them after.

I certainly wouldn't put too much stock in likes on facebook. :facepalm

AGREED!

I wouldn't put too much stock in ANYTHING on facebook! :eek: :D

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

AGREED!!!

I wondered how long it would take for someone to say that!:D Nor would I...

wasn't available at the time, or would have. None of that matters--> on the web- that 22 years old hottie you have been trying to get together with is actually a 45 year old fat man named bill.

It's so pathetic. These days news reporters don't interview people anymore- they just show their FB and twitter posts. WTF ??? see sig....

The actions of Dish speak louder than their online reputation!

While I am not a Dish customer I would of been if they had AMC.

Comcast just pissed me off for the second time in six months over a billing mistake on their end and so I decided to go back to a Dish Service.

I want (and have with Comcast) both AMC and BBC in HD, we watch every TV Series that AMC has and we watch a few on BBC (DR. Who, Luthor and my wife loves that Ramsey crap).

It takes a year before the AMC shows pops up on Netflix, while the BBC shows only takes 4-6 months to show up in HD after airing.

So, if Dish had both I would be a customer, but since they don't have AMC I ordered DirecTV today.

So while they did not lose a customer, they did not gain one either.

I don't know why D* wont get BBCA HD! If they had, they probably would have gotten MANY more defectors from Dish in the wake of AMC, perhaps maybe myself. But as it stands, that channel is a major dividing point between the two. And I stay with Dish.

With the prices dtv charges, they should be able to afford most increases. And their rates will increase...

I think that would be a bigger blow to direct than dish dropping AMC to be honest.

Its not the blow thing. I am with Directv on this one. We as subscriber cant keep paying more & more. Dish had taken a stand....& now it requires other operators to join in this fight against ever increasing bill.

rajmarie said:
Its not the blow thing. I am with Directv on this one. We as subscriber cant keep paying more & more. Dish had taken a stand....& now it requires other operators to join in this fight against ever increasing bill.

Agreed we can't let networks bully providers to jack up rates. Dish took a stand on Msg but twc did and then twc reached a deal but nothing for us bc more were affected bc it was cable. I wish sat got the kind of weight cable does. Lots of government reps were involved with the twc Msg blackout but where are they sat subscribers.

dan188 said:
Agreed we can't let networks bully providers to jack up rates. Dish took a stand on Msg but twc did and then twc reached a deal but nothing for us bc more were affected bc it was cable. I wish sat got the kind of weight cable does. Lots of government reps were involved with the twc Msg blackout but where are they sat subscribers.

Unfortunately dan, satellite its still judged today by it's early incarnations or by the absolute worst install qualities (gigantic old C-band dish or losing signal at the slightest rain our bad weather). I was actually listening to a radio add from the omaha cable company (cox if I recall) that simply bashed satellite solely on bad weather. I can't count the number of customers I install as a dish technician & I get to hear their horror stories of the cable guy doing horrible quality work or just being a terrible tech all around. I learned early on that if I saw existing lines from the cable company that I would probably have to replace it (59 wire, too many splices, ugly cable run, etc).

Sent from my SCH-I800 using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts