If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

• Yes - Definitely!!!

Votes: 104 21.5%
  • No - Will use another source for content / downgrade package.

Votes: 322 66.7%
  • Maybe - just not sure

Votes: 57 11.8%

• Total voters
GaryPen said:
I suggest you double-check with Dish. My contract extension was 2 years for the Hopper upgrade, as many others have confirmed for theirs.

As do many satguys.

Triple checked. 2 Dirt and 1 online chat rep confirmed Dish 'N It Up to my Hopper added 1 year like I said at $10/month. I've also seen this reported by Dish elsewhere. I got Hopper the day it was released so I'll only have 7 months left when AMC is dropped.

New subs are definitely on the hook for 2 years.
But maybe different folks get different contracts for upgrades. Maybe the installer gave me a 1 year contract by mistake. Can DIRT confirm what a hopper upgrade adds?

The problem with a poll like this is that people that do not really care about AMC probably will not vote.

That would be ideal, but there is no way to prevent it. Just like there is no way to prevent people who do not sub to dish from voting. Adding the "bias" to the choices should have made it clear that this is meant for people that watch AMC......

Again, open forum, not scientific- just a BS poll to see how fellow satguys feel about this fiasco.

Last edited:
If Dish drops AMC I see more turnover than people are saying here.when walking dead or other series come on i see them switching providers unless there in contract with dish and they mat go down to smallest package and get direct or there local cable company to get the channel to watch it imo :)

Triple checked. 2 Dirt and 1 online chat rep confirmed Dish 'N It Up to my Hopper added 1 year like I said at $10/month. I've also seen this reported by Dish elsewhere. I got Hopper the day it was released so I'll only have 7 months left when AMC is dropped.

New subs are definitely on the hook for 2 years.
But maybe different folks get different contracts for upgrades. Maybe the installer gave me a 1 year contract by mistake. Can DIRT confirm what a hopper upgrade adds?
DIRT told me 2 years. said a 1 year contract has not been offered in over 3 years.

Sigh:

TOP CABLE NETWORKS Q1 2011 (Total Viewers - Prime Time) -the time period and numbers with AMC's highest ratings comparison.

1) USA - 3 mil
2) DISNEY - 2.6
3) ESPN - 2.4
4) TNT - 2.1
5) HISTORY - 1.9
5) FOX NEWS - 1.9
7) FX - 1.6
7) A&E - 1.6
7) TBS 1.6
10) NICK @ NITE - 1.5
11) MTV - 1.4

16) AMC 1.095 (Hey LOOK Ma... same numbers average for Q1 as entire year!)

---Q1 2012 -- AMC 1.182 How about that! Look it was an increase in viewership. An 8% increase over the previous year on average over Q1 last year.

sigh:

You're still using 2011 numbers.

Look. It's simple. Your original big ratings post showed total average viewership for the entire year 2011, plus individual demographic breakdowns for Q1 2012.

I simply pointed that out, and suggested you use total viewership number for the same period you showed individual demo numbers, especially when you were making such a fuss about the way numbers can be manipulated.

Why do you find this so difficult to understand? And, and why are you being so defensive about it? I didn't accuse you of anything. I just pointed out the discrepancy.

He DID show total viewership for Q1 2012, and now total viewership for both Q1 2011 and full year 2011. What more do you want? You must have missed the total viewership for Q1 2012 in his original big post.

been reading more about this, and there seems to be a general consensus.

AMC is only available on dish in higher tier packages. AMC should be in AT120- bet that would make a difference in Charlie's figures. Seems every other provider has it in their lower tier.

been reading more about this, and there seems to be a general consensus.

AMC is only available on dish in higher tier packages. AMC should be in AT120- bet that would make a difference in Charlie's figures. Seems every other provider has it in their lower tier.

Well, lets just make everyone happy and do away with all the variety. Everyone can pay $70 a month for AT250 and not worry if whatever channel with 4 or 5 hrs of original programming a week is in the base package. :rolleyes: ;)

AMC - you get it
NBCSP - you get it
Fearnet - well maybe not :eek:
paint drying in HD - you get it
and my favorite - grass growing in HD - you get it :D

Well, lets just make everyone happy and do away with all the variety. Everyone can pay $70 a month for AT250 and not worry if whatever channel with 4 or 5 hrs of original programming a week is in the base package. :rolleyes: ;)

AMC - you get it
NBCSP - you get it
Fearnet - well maybe not :eek:
paint drying in HD - you get it
and my favorite - grass growing in HD - you get it :D

Where we are now, just because of that. But there is mostly crap programming, and it's upsetting one of the few channels we actually watch is on the chopping block. When/if this happens, first step will be to downgrade to at120 (or lower) and evaluate from there.

Grass Growing and Fireplace, wwoooooootttt !!!!

GaryPen said:
HGTV is already available in all packages. And, DIY is in the Poor Family Pack.

I thought that HGTV is not in the Family Pack (although DIY is), but it is in the Welcome Pack.