If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

• Yes - Definitely!!!

Votes: 104 21.5%
  • No - Will use another source for content / downgrade package.

Votes: 322 66.7%
  • Maybe - just not sure

Votes: 57 11.8%

• Total voters
Agreed as well. They have been really tight lipped about everything.

Almost to 300.................this is SATGUYS!!!!

I can see why non sports fans couldn't care less about the ESPN disputes but AMC's original programming has been solid and my contract is up so it won't cost me anything if i switched. It will be a matter of time before threads come up about TLC, A&E and the History Channel.

After a good run, I have to leave Dish. I am tired of the shenanigans. Got a good deal with Uverse. U450 package, 12mpbs internet, total home dvr for 4 tv's. $133.00 a month. I may return after a year, or go to Directv.

After a good run, I have to leave Dish. I am tired of the shenanigans. Got a good deal with Uverse. U450 package, 12mpbs internet, total home dvr for 4 tv's. $133.00 a month. I may return after a year, or go to Directv.
If you have not yet cancelled Dish, I suggest you wait until AFTER you get Uverse installed and you decide if you can live with the PQ and their DVR.

If you have not yet cancelled Dish, I suggest you wait until AFTER you get Uverse installed and you decide if you can live with the PQ and their DVR.

While my experience is that cable other than fios just does not deliver as a good a picture as Dish or Direct, Uverse excels at a disappointing at both... Listen to KAB, don't drop the service till you are sure. Or just get Direct TV now.

While my experience is that cable other than fios just does not deliver as a good a picture as Dish or Direct, Uverse excels at a disappointing at both... Listen to KAB, don't drop the service till you are sure. Or just get Direct TV now.

+1 go with Direct before U-Verse imo :)

I'm not canceling until installation is complete and I am satisfied. If the PQ looks as good as the local At&t store has, I will be be good to go.

Although the outcome is looking grim, we have plenty of time before TWD starts back up in October to see what actually happens before deciding on switching to Directv or cable. I'm sure there are die hard fans out there that don't post on these forums who really don't want to wait until possibly Fall 2013 to see season 3 (cause I'm guessing season 2 will be released on dvd and Netflix streaming right before new season starts up) and also don't want to download them from itunes or Amazon.

While a fan of TWD, I am WAAAAAYYYYY more invested in Breaking Bad. I can't miss the final season of that show which begins airing this summer I believe.

Breaking Bad is a fantastic show. We started watching late, but once we did, could not stop. Netflix was great for that. Everyone we have recommend the show to has ended up in the same predicament.

TWD is good. A few episodes were a little stale this past season, but the show is still WAY better than a lot of the other crap out there.

Breaking Bad is a fantastic show. We started watching late, but once we did, could not stop. Netflix was great for that. Everyone we have recommend the show to has ended up in the same predicament.
Couldn't agree more about Breaking Bad not Netflixs. If you know where to look you don't need Netflix.:)

As above not enough options but no I wouldn't. I watch a few movies sometimes but wouldn't drop Dish just for this reason.

we are strongly considering dropping dish over this, but it is not an easy decision for two reasons:

1.) The equipment is in place and we really like it.
2.) DIRT

Maybe DIRT should be the #1 reason. Issues are easily resolved through DIRT.

Last edited:
we are strongly considering dropping dish over this, but it is not an easy decision for two reasons:

1.) The equipment is in place and we really like it.
2.) DIRT

Maybe DIRT should be the #1 reason. Issues are easily resolved through DIRT.

That's an honest approach, not a knee jerk reaction. If Direct TV is where you would go I don't see how it can be bad, just different with minus and pluses. Cable would be the unknown, or known and not good.... lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts