If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

• Yes - Definitely!!!

Votes: 104 21.5%
  • No - Will use another source for content / downgrade package.

Votes: 322 66.7%
  • Maybe - just not sure

Votes: 57 11.8%

• Total voters
That's an honest approach, not a knee jerk reaction. If Direct TV is where you would go I don't see how it can be bad, just different with minus and pluses. Cable would be the unknown, or known and not good.... lol

We have TWC for internet. It's always dreadful when we have to call. No way will we get additional service with them (their pq and equipment sucks).

We are probably going to downgrade packages to see how things shake out. If we do drop, it will be back to Tivo.......

Not me. I've pretty much given up on AMC after they scrapped their commercial-free classic movies format.

No, its just as easy to download then stream the shows.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using SatelliteGuys

downgraded package and made some other changes. will say it again- the waiting game begins....
I don't understand why you downgraded since AMC, IFC and WE are still on? Why not wait until they are OFF, if those channels are really an issue?

I don't understand why you downgraded since AMC, IFC and WE are still on? Why not wait until they are OFF, if those channels are really an issue?
My guess is just taking a stand, but against who I'm not sure. Switching to a lower pack, sure is giving dish less money, But its also proving Dishes point that these channels are less desired.

So IMO empire you're really only hurting yourself.

If you want to take a stand against a company, then you don't give them any money. But maybe thats not what your doing? Who knows?

I'm currently at a point where I am ready to hop on the hopper but this AMC thing, and the auto hop drama has me completely on hold. My youngest son has cut the cord, and I'll probably do that rather than switch of dish to any competitor. The value with Cable just isn't there, and direcTV is not compelling for me. Dish needs to find a way to deal with their partners and protect the interests of dish and their customers without the constant fear of pain for their customers. Especially after how screwed over all the customers have been with fees.

I am patiently waiting to see if they work it out before deciding. I have 3 local cable options with good first year promo pricing so I may just hop to local cable for a year then come back to Dish once they straighten things out with the programming. I will wait and see what happens first then decide.

Tampa8 said:
lol, as did you four days ago. Did you drop further than Top120? Why get a package without AMC since it is a channel you certainly want?

I have to agree since there are some packages with these same channels that are lower than AT200 and even AT 120 (or the same price of AT 120) with AMC, We, or/and IFC. Picking a package without the AMC Networks will help Dish's argument of low viewership in the channels.

The Welcome Pack ($14.99/mo) had AMC SD and We (on the site before the whole AMC dispute news happened...don't see why those subs should not still get those for now anyway).

http://www.mydish.com/support/channels/packagewelcomepack.aspx

http://www.dish.com/entertainment/packages/welcome/

Dish Latino Plus ($37.99/mo) also has AMC and We, and I believe it recently became an HD Free for Life pack. This means AMC HD would be included (on ch.5406). Dish Latino Dos ($44.99/mo) has AMC HD and SD, We, and IFC. Dish Latino Max ($57.99/mo.) also has these channels with additional channels.

http://www.mydish.com/downloads/Channel-Lineup/OnlineChannel_Latino.pdf

You will notice the Dish Latino guide does not get much updating as the channel map downs are not on it, and you will notice Sundance Channel, AMC, We, and IFC on it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts