If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

• Yes - Definitely!!!

Votes: 104 21.5%
  • No - Will use another source for content / downgrade package.

Votes: 322 66.7%
  • Maybe - just not sure

Votes: 57 11.8%

• Total voters
Channel 131 is now INFO

The following appears:

"dish

AMC has moved to 9609-9610

DVR users remember to move your timers!"

The information that appears when hitting the INFO button on the remote:
"Watch AMC programming on ch. 9609/9610 including Mad Men and The Killing."

Channel 131 is now INFO

The following appears:

"dish

AMC has moved to 9609-9610

DVR users remember to move your timers!"

The information that appears when hitting the INFO button on the remote:
"Watch AMC programming on ch. 9609/9610 including Mad Men and The Killing."

Better late than never I suppose :rolleyes: I have a feeling that all the backlash prompted them to do that.

I have a feeling that all the backlash prompted them to do that.
Most definitely.

It looks like all of those folks who knee-jerked their support of Dish when this whole thing started, insisting that AMC was a niche channel with marginal viewership that very few will notice is missing, might not have been entirely correct.

I'm not under contract, and that's a "yes, but not necessarily immediately" for me. The Killing and Mad Men are done, and The Welcome Pack is still the cheapest way in the door to get HBO and Game of Thrones for the time being. And Comedy Central is still worth something, as is better locals reception than OTA.

Now come NFL season, if AMC is still gone, I think I might up for 2 years with DirecTV, which I've been mulling over for years. (I would otherwise up to Dish America to get ESPN during the season and drop back to the Welcome Pack afterwards for Mad Men.)

So that's a not now, but as soon as DirecTV becomes more competitive (aka, "NFL season"), yes. Hopefully that'll give them enough time to stop bickering.

Just the stats...

Based on the poll numbers:

• 2,741,200 customers will be terminating service and possibly signing up with another provider
  • 1,681,400 customers will consider terminating service and possibly signing up with another provider

DirecTV, Cable and Telco customer service personnel are getting ready to take orders.

Hi, I actually did the sad pre-emptive strike of switching. I am a 15+ year subsciber to Dish and absolutley (I'm sure I spelled that wrong) loved them. I will be switching to "the other satellite guys" (still can't say their name outloud LOL) I know it's contract negotiations, and I bet at the 24th hour it will be fine, and I'll be losing the Greatful Dead channel for no reason also. :( I also know my one little subscription in the whole scheme of Dish won't mean a hill of beans. It's just such an irritating process, I feel like I'm being held hostage by the negotiation process also. I didn't think I'd be this fired up about a network, but as my fiance said, dont mess with my stories :)

Now come NFL season, if AMC is still gone, I think I might up for 2 years with DirecTV, which I've been mulling over for years.

As of now, the upcoming NFL season is the only thing that has kept us from dropping dish.

Based on the poll numbers:

• 2,741,200 customers will be terminating service and possibly signing up with another provider

• 1,681,400 customers will consider terminating service and possibly signing up with another provider

DirecTV, Cable and Telco customer service personnel are getting ready to take orders.
Need my hip boots I believe it is starting to get deep around here. :eek::rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
Need my hip boots I believe it is starting to get deep around here. :eek::rolleyes:
A. I assumed he was just making a hypothetical projection based on poll results and Dish subscriber numbers. I don't think anyone fully expects them to match perfectly.

However, if you look at these poll numbers, plus all of the posts of people who have already switched before the June 30 drop date, and the tremendously negative reaction on the Dish FB page, one would logically assume that there will be quite a few subs dropping come July 1, and quite a few already gone. DirecTV and the cablecos make it quite enticing already with their new customer promos. All it will take to push many over the edge will be something like this AMC dispute.

B. I think they have some kind of rule around here pertaining to cursing in posts. (I'm from NY, so I do it in conversation the way a Canadian says "eh".)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)