If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

If Dish drops AMC, will you drop dish??

• Yes - Definitely!!!

Votes: 104 21.5%
  • No - Will use another source for content / downgrade package.

Votes: 322 66.7%
  • Maybe - just not sure

Votes: 57 11.8%

• Total voters
My option isn't there so I won't vote. I will not be dropping Dish because I am under contract. If I weren't and AMC wasn't available on October 1st in time for The Walking Dead I would leave. I feel like voting no on this poll would send the message that I am ok with them pulling AMC when in reality I would be pretty mad it.

Last edited:
Another option: No, don't care about AMC. Also IFC is a shell of its old self too.

I love AMC for movies I've seen a million times and just want something on the tv while I play on the computer. Especially all the horror ones during October.

So I'm not sure I'd leave Dish, but it would be something I'd miss and would be a strike against dish imo. Enough strikes and I go.

I was afraid the the two or three months of no silly polls was going to come to an end.

I was afraid the the two or three months of no silly polls was going to come to an end.

Lol. dang it. really wanted to see, because it just does not seem this is going to make very many people leave.

I am hopeful that Dish works this out before any of us have to decide what to do. If they don't work it out and fail to give the customers a solid reason or fail to give us a reduction in package price for the loss of the channels I would certainly sign up with one of my local cable companies and enjoy a year at a special promotion price, then once that promotion is over see if Dish brings the channels back by then. If they do I can join Dish as a new customer at that time and get a good promotion price and equipment. Win win for me either way.

Funny thing, it is going the way dish is thinking. Most won't really care, lol.
Shhh, I have a little secret.... No one else knows this until now:

When a provider, be it Dish, DirecTV, Time Warner, Comcast, etc, etc drop a channel or group of channels, a bunch of people huff and puff, make threats, and so on. In the end though, guess what, only a tiny, tiny percentage do anything.

Every provider drops channels or gets into contract disputes. If someone switched providers every time that happened, well, they'd be rotating from D* to E* to local-cableco and back once a year or so !

Hall said:
Shhh, I have a little secret.... No one else knows this until now:

When a provider, be it Dish, DirecTV, Time Warner, Comcast, etc, etc drop a channel or group of channels, a bunch of people huff and puff, make threats, and so on. In the end though, guess what, only a tiny, tiny percentage do anything.

Every provider drops channels or gets into contract disputes. If someone switched providers every time that happened, well, they'd be rotating from D* to E* to local-cableco and back once a year or so !

Yes, there would be a lot of switchin goin on!

Did everyone switch when DirecTV dropped G4 or when Dish dropped Fuse? (Cable drops channels as well. However, one will have to insert their local cable provider if one is available along with the dropped channel. :) )

The only other solution would be to sub to multiple providers...

I said maybe because I'm not sure what I'm going to do. :( I have several options where I live, 2 cabelcos (Comcast, WOW!), U-Verse and D*. But none of them carry the channel my wife can't live without (Pixl). So my only option would be to downgrade to the Welcome Package combined with the Heartland Package (hopefully that can be done) and get the Digital Basic tier from WOW!. I get internet and phone from WOW!, so the bundle price isn't that bad. But I would be paying about $15 more per month for tv because I would have to replace the dvd's I get from BB@Home (we currently have the AT200). And I hate the thought of paying for tv from two different providers. My son and are big fans of Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead, so my wife did suggest that we buy the $1.99 sd episodes from Amazon. That raises my costs up a bit (probably the cheapest option). Although I could downgrade to the AT120+ to make some of that up. Plain and simple, if my wife wasn't so hung up on that one channel, I would switch to D* if AMC isn't on Dish by the time Breaking Bad returns.

I am planning to watch the new season of walking dead on my new whole house dvr

It is dish's choice what it says on the cover, dish or directtv

yaz96 said:
You should have also only asked people who actually WATCH AMC to vote.....

You're gonna get a bunch of no replies from people who don't watch AMC, don't care, etc......

Or a no, from someone who USED to watch it. Before the commercials, and when they showed classic movies. The way it is now, I'll never miss it. Bye bye "shadow of the old AMC" ...

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)