If I switch to new CUI firmware, will Dish now support me, if I have problems?

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
If I switch to new CUI firmware, will Dish now support me, if I have problems. I have read previously that Dsih does not support the new CUI firmware, if I download it myself. Now they have switched to 9607 to get the new CUI. Are they supporting the change, if I have problems?

If you have a problem with the CUI, you can call a special number set up for such calls.

When the call is answered, you hear a violin playing .......

;)

Reactions: 300mag
Are they supporting the change
They are providing the software to you, why wouldn't they ? Even if you had downloaded 9 months ago using the 'secret' key combination they would still support you as this method of upgrading was made available for valid reasons.

They are providing the software to you, why wouldn't they ? Even if you had downloaded 9 months ago using the 'secret' key combination they would still support you as this method of upgrading was made available for valid reasons.
I quote Scott on Jan 15, 2016.
"DISH has asked me to warn people that by doing this update is DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK. DO NOT CALL DISH IF YOU UPGRADE AND HAVE ISSUES. THEY ARE NOT SETUP TO TAKE CALLS OR HELP WITH CARBON UI ISSUES! Because this is SatelliteGuys we will try to support you the best as we can."

That was from a year ago.

You realize that
  • All Hopper 3 receivers have this software ?
  • All Hopper 1 and 2 receivers that are installed/activated for the past 6 months have this software ?
  • Dish has made a channel/app available on customer's receivers that let's them upgrade to this software ?

Reactions: charlesrshell
That was from a year ago.

You realize that
  • All Hopper 3 receivers have this software ?
  • All Hopper 1 and 2 receivers that are installed/activated for the past 6 months have this software ?
  • Dish has made a channel/app available on customer's receivers that let's them upgrade to this software ?
Have you heard any more on when DISH is going to force the new CUI to the Hopper 1 & 2s?

CUI to navy...

upload_2017-2-16_11-8-33.png

I have access to bloodhounds - you'll have no place to hide. Your only hope is to hole up just outside Pittsburgh, where ...

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)