IF you buy your own VIP211/622 do you still pay any DVR Fees?

I believe that all boxes, even the first--and on my bill, I assure you, I pay the extra $5, but it is not itemized as it is for subsequent boxes--are subject to a $5 (for HD $6) monthly charge. If you lease, you pay a $5 lease fee. If you own, then you pay a $5 additional access receiver fee. In other words, you are never going to be able to escape it; everyone will pay at least $5 per month for each box on their account. Dish just has different names for it. However, we pay only one of these $5 fees. A rose by any other name.

Wrong. If you own your equipment, the first box has no such fees. I have only one receiver and I pay only the programming charge and DVR fee.

I believe that all boxes, even the first--and on my bill, I assure you, I pay the extra $5, but it is not itemized as it is for subsequent boxes--are subject to a $5 (for HD $6) monthly charge. If you lease, you pay a $5 lease fee. If you own, then you pay a $5 additional access receiver fee. In other words, you are never going to be able to escape it; everyone will pay at least $5 per month for each box on their account. Dish just has different names for it. However, we pay only one of these $5 fees. A rose by any other name.

Wrong. My 622 is my only receiver, I own it, I have HD-Platinum and a phone line connected. I pay no fees beyond the normal programming costs.

NightRyder

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts