if you came from dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
mdram said:
huh? oh, no view livetv button
how about the alternative 2 step process, switch channel and switch back?

Something better. Press the lower button on Select twice and you can buffer two channels at the same time. Pretty cool.

Called double play

how do i do an online chat, they seem to hide that button

mdram said:
how do i do an online chat, they seem to hide that button

Never used it. If placing an order my advice would be go through a local dealer. They will know what kind of equipment they have in stock and probably will get a lot earlier install date. Don't go through Direct if you can avoid.

BTW. You will get the same rebates and sometime better going through local.:)

Never used it. If placing an order my advice would be go through a local dealer. They will know what kind of equipment they have in stock and probably will get a lot earlier install date. Don't go through Direct if you can avoid.

i had a much better experience with dish corp installer then the first local dealer.
this is the first time ive heard to stay away from corporate

ok one more question, no one has mentioned this yet. my locals are not avaialable yet, i have an external antenna, can that be hooked into the hr24?

or should i 'move' after the install

mdram said:
ok one more question, no one has mentioned this yet. my locals are not avaialable yet, i have an external antenna, can that be hooked into the hr24?

or should i 'move' after the install

When you place your order. Tell them you will need an AM21 for your locals. I'm not sure what the extra cost is.

mdram said:

Yes. it attaches to your receiver and acts as the receivers antenna.

They don't give them away.:)

if you get the HR24 you will need it to get your locals.

ok, didnt see that on the site

any other suprises?
basically im looking for 2 rooms, 1 hd-dvr, 1 hd,mrv, comp connection, locals via antenna for now

hill this be 1 dish? 2?

i want to make sure i ask for the right stuff

The 722 has one HD tuner and one SD Tuner, sharing a common Hard Disk.

I have two HD tuners sharing a common Hard Disk. No can do with Dish. And yes, I do pay $5 for a second HD tuner in the bedroom.

Sigh.... The 722 has *two* HD tuners (or three if you count the built-in OTA tuner) for recording up to three HD channels simultaneously. However, it can only output HD to one TV.

I came from Dish and Direct HR24's are better in my opinion. MRV, Media share, double play all make Direct better.
Two things I don't like about Direct, one is the guide setup is cumbersome. "Channels I get" brings up everything including channels I don't get. I had to manually set a favorites channel. With Dish you can have several favorites and they are easy to navigate back and forth by repeating the guide button.
Now the biggest disappointment is the Dolby audio dropouts with Directv. This will be a deal breaker for me if it's not fixed by the end of my contract I'm going back to Dish.

The HR-24 doesn't have an OTA tuner. You'll have to purchase it and it's called AM21. I'm not sure but it's like $50.00 extra.
I ordered a AM21, and use it on a receiver, not the DVR. It cost me $50 plus tax. I can watch my local sub-channels now, including the Weather and sometimes a Cardinals game.

I am definitely not going back to Dish... new Direct Customer who spent 10 months with Dish.

The HR24 seems leaps and bounds better than the 722 UNLESS you are ok with getting an SD secondary signal which makes the 722 more flexible.

However as someone who absolutely hates anything in SD that feature was worthless to me. As for the units themselves, the HR24 is (at least IMO) much more modern and astetically pleasing.

Much smaller profile, with a better interface and search function. I would give Dish a slight nod in terms of remote layout and I hear the 922 is really nice, but for my money and experience the HR24 and programming win hands down.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts