If you count RSNs Directv has over 150 hd national channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
no that argument makes no sense, anyone can get it for ONE FLAT FEE NO MATTER WHERE THEY LIVE! NO BLACKOUTS, NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES FOR CERTAIN SHOWS (AKA GAMES)

NOTE THE KEYWORD HERE IS ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Does ESPN count? They had some games blacked out recently. So they don't count just like RSN's?

nope, a real channel is one everyone can see 24/7/365 no matter where they live without blackouts. ESPN sucks anyway, all its good for is Michigan football.
So basically, you only count the ones that you like? lol, that is fine too I guess:D

Seriously, reading through your criteria on what makes a full time national HD channel, there really would not be very many. I guess everyone looks at it differently

RSNs shouldn't count as a national HD channel. I can't watch everything on a L.A. RSN that they can watch, granted I can pay to watch that station, but they still blackout professional sports.

If I was a Cavaliers fan, yeah right me coming from Pittsburgh liking anything from Cleveland, I could pay for all the RSNs to watch them, but that is the only one.

I'm not saying it's not important to have them stations, but they can't be classified as national.

RSNs shouldn't count as a national HD channel. I can't watch everything on a L.A. RSN that they can watch, granted I can pay to watch that station, but they still blackout professional sports.

If I was a Cavaliers fan, yeah right me coming from Pittsburgh liking anything from Cleveland, I could pay for all the RSNs to watch them, but that is the only one.

I'm not saying it's not important to have them stations, but they can't be classified as national.
See cy, that is the point dodger was making (and I have made it too). THe sports subscriptions (take E.I. for example) opens up those channels. That is where you watch the games at.

I guess, for those that say blackouts are why they do not count, it is a matter of how much is blacked out more than anything. Because most college games are on. Like someone said, even ESPN blacks out some content.

But you don't need sports pack to watch E.I. or hockey.
True, and good point. It was simply to show that you CAN pay enough to get around blackouts on those channels. For the right price, you can watch everything they show

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)