If you ever leave Dishnetwork.

cappy29

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 12, 2005
Aliquippa,p.a
So, if you ever leave Dishnetwork, is there any way to save all your dvr recordings including external hard drive recordings also?

No. They are all tied to your DVR.

Yeah that is what i kinda figured, but I thought i would ask. Comcast sent me a really good offer for TV, phone, and internet service that would save me a decent amount of money a month, but I do not want to lose all of my recordings.

Yeah that is what i kinda figured, but I thought i would ask. Comcast sent me a really good offer for TV, phone, and internet service that would save me a decent amount of money a month, but I do not want to lose all of my recordings.

Just keep Dish on the cheapest plan possible, so you can watch your archive.

Also, don't forget to check out all of Dish's packages, including the Latino ones. I dropped my bill by around $25 a month from Top 250 to Latino Dos, get most of the good channels and lost a bit of fluff. If you are willing to lose a channel or two, you may be able to make with some decent savings, staying with Dish.

You can't watch the stuff on the external drive, but you can still watch the stuff on the internal drive.

I've deactivated/replaced DVR's in the past, and on the deactive ones you could still watch the stuff on the internal drive.

I pulled the hardrive out of a Dish DVR I got that had some good stuff on it. I used a program to get them transfered to my PC. Then burned them to DVD. So there is a way.

I pulled the hardrive out of a Dish DVR I got that had some good stuff on it. I used a program to get them transfered to my PC. Then burned them to DVD. So there is a way.

Doesn't work anymore. You are most likely talking about PVR explorer I believe and that only worked on MPEG2 stuff.

What those are still around?:D I really thought they outlawed them when DVD burners came out. Now why would even want watch that resolution. :haha:haha

I have a Panasonic dvd recorder which would be my only option to get the shows that I have recorded in HD as close to HD picture quality. I'm probably not going to make the switch Comcast though, for 1 seems like too much of a hassle trying to record all my stuff. Secondly Comcast in my area only has 1 of each premium service in HD, pretty poor compared to Directv and Dishnetwork. So, i'll have to cut my service down as much as possible to save the amount of money i'm looking to save.

Also, don't forget to check out all of Dish's packages, including the Latino ones. I dropped my bill by around $25 a month from Top 250 to Latino Dos, get most of the good channels and lost a bit of fluff. If you are willing to lose a channel or two, you may be able to make with some decent savings, staying with Dish.

Definitely plus I don't see how anyone can get a cheaper priced package for less from any other provider except for Dish Network.;)

The HD PVR Product overview will let you capture all your recordings to your PC. You will of course have to play every program you want to capture in real time since it records the component output.

It sounds daunting, but if you start recordings and go do other things and come back, you will be surprised how many recordings you can work in... Needless to say you have to plan far ahead of cancelling if you have a large library of programs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)