If you had a 921, what would you do?

tlturbo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
Lake Worth, FL
I have an old 921 that works pretty well but since it can't get mpeg4, I only watch HD local OTA channels.

I know the 622 is out there and see that there is a new receiver about ready to come out.

Is there any upgrade offers for my 921 to something else and what would you guys recommend?

I't about time to move up as the 921 is one of the originals (read $1000) and I'd like to get other channels in HD besides the OTA.

Thanks - Terry

I have an old 921 that works pretty well but since it can't get mpeg4, I only watch HD local OTA channels.

I know the 622 is out there and see that there is a new receiver about ready to come out.

Is there any upgrade offers for my 921 to something else and what would you guys recommend?

I't about time to move up as the 921 is one of the originals (read $1000) and I'd like to get other channels in HD besides the OTA.

Thanks - Terry

Right now you can Dish It Up to a 622 for $149.00 less $100 in credit/rebates. The new receiver offers nothing but additional VOD only HD space. The price for the new one will probably be higher. Do it before August 14.

Some People like the 921 since its a duel SD tuner as well with PIP, plus it has HD OTA. In that respect its a decent receiver.

Right now you can Dish It Up to a 622 for $149.00 less $100 in credit/rebates. The new receiver offers nothing but additional VOD only HD space. The price for the new one will probably be higher. Do it before August 14.

About 18 months ago I turned in 2 921s for 2 622s. I got a rebate for the returned 921s. So I have enjoyed all HD channels since. The offer also included installation of the antenna to pick up HD. If I had waited until now I would not sell or get a rebate for the 921s. I would use them to replace my 2 other older receivers. The 921 would be a better DVR for SD than anything E* has currently.

Dish'n It Up (DIU) is it.

Remember that it is going to cost you $20/month for DishHD and if you don't have a phone line connected, they may get uppity and charge you $5/month.

The 921 would be a better DVR for SD than anything E* has currently.
I disagree. The additional DVR features associated with the 625 make it considerably more attractive for SD programming and it serves up two televisions instead of one.

Just to get rid of the roar is worth quite a bit.

Name-Based-Recording of the 622/722 blows the 921 out of the water.

Sunday nights are crowded. No problem, the 622 will automagically grab another showing of "Big Love". I have been a much less aggrivated person since turning in the two 921s.

622 can also record off 3 streams simultaneously (with an OTA).

For you? If you're a light user, the 921 may serve you fine for as long as you can live w/o the extra Hi-Def channels. But today it's the Voom going to mpeg4. The rest of hi-def will probably follow within 6 months.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)