If you have a cooling device, the OTA dual tuner works PERFECTLY!!

I had an over the air tuner installed yesterday and it seems like all the ota channels and all of the other channels are not as clear as they were before the instillation.
Has any of you seen a decrease in picture quality after installing the ota tuner?
It also runs hot as others have stated. The end with the coax connection will actually burn your hand. Can not hold it.

Also , why does all the ota channels show HD on the program guide when many of them are only SD?

The ota tuner must be upscalling the sd to 1080i because my tv shows that when I click on info. Some of the sd channels look streched because the station logo is too close to the bottom of the screen.

I had an ota antenna and module installed on July 23 and have not had any breakup problems yet but it does get very hot.

If you are watching an OTA channel on your Hopper3 receiver you will not have any problem. The pixelation and breakups occur on a Joey2 or Joey3 receiver when watching an OTA channel. A bandaid solution is to first tune the Hopper3 receiver to the OTA channel. Then the Joey will work without the pixelation and breakups.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: comfortably_numb
If you are watching an OTA channel on your Hopper3 receiver you will not have any problem. The pixelation and breakups occur on a Joey2 or Joey3 receiver when watching an OTA channel. A bandaid solution is to first tune the Hopper3 receiver to the OTA channel. Then the Joey will work without the pixelation and breakups.

People should just man up and get the TiVo Roamio OTA or the TiVo Bolt and also some TiVo Minis.

People should just man up and get the TiVo Roamio OTA or the TiVo Bolt and also some TiVo Minis.

With a cost of $400 for the TiVo Roamio, I will stick with Dish for my OTA and use the bandaid approach when viewing an OTA channel on my Joey2 receiver. I get 46 OTA channels from Dayton and Columbus Ohio. Also, since the OTA is integrated thru my 2 Hopper3 receivers, I can watch on any of my 5 TV's. I can even watch when traveling using Dish Anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!