If you like your HD Absolute? Don't contact Dish.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vaylon

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 7, 2009
virginia
Just wanted to give everyone that has Absolute a heads up.

4 of my neighbors and 2 of my relatives have lost their HD absolute I got for them.
2 of my neighbors just called in to see what they had to do to get the Fox stations. They didn't even asked to be switched, just inquired to see what they needed to do.
All the others were offered a free month of the new programing and told if they didn't like it that they could switch back to the lower tier package at no cost and no downgrade fee.
Their bills went from 42 -48 a month to upwards of 70 and none of them have been able to get it back.
Many were told that it was a miscommunication on the part of the CSR, but that they had no way to restore the old programming package.

I did warn most of them not to mess with their programing because of what I have seen on here over the past. But they were hard headed and had to see for themselves.

So the lesson is?
If you have HD absolute, don't go drawing attention to yourself by contacting Dish. Their CSR's are becoming notorious for making mistakes with HD absolute, and once its gone, its gone.

Just wanted to give everyone that has Absolute a heads up.

4 of my neighbors and 2 of my relatives have lost their HD absolute I got for them.
2 of my neighbors just called in to see what they had to do to get the Fox stations. They didn't even asked to be switched, just inquired to see what they needed to do.
All the others were offered a free month of the new programing and told if they didn't like it that they could switch back to the lower tier package at no cost and no downgrade fee.
Their bills went from 42 -48 a month to upwards of 70 and none of them have been able to get it back.
Many were told that it was a miscommunication on the part of the CSR, but that they had no way to restore the old programming package.

I did warn most of them not to mess with their programing because of what I have seen on here over the past. But they were hard headed and had to see for themselves.

So the lesson is?
If you have HD absolute, don't go drawing attention to yourself by contacting Dish. Their CSR's are becoming notorious for making mistakes with HD absolute, and once its gone, its gone.

I thought I read some accounts of CEO@Echostar being able to remedy these mistakes and restore Absolute if it indeed was a mistake.

It never hurts to try, low level CSRs are becoming a waste of time since they can't don anything anymore to resolve issues.

Well its either your fault or their fault. You can add HBO etc, Music Cd, but you can not change or add sports packages :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)