If you pre-order an Iphone 4 beware!!!

Apparently AT&T is run by a bunch of idiots. I check my order at Apple.com and everything is ok with my order. But the fact that they put in a major change related to fraud without testing first is inexcusable. I'm a software developer and pushing untested code to a production environment can get you fired.

I'm a software developer and pushing untested code to a production environment can get you fired.
Exactly. I was thinking the same thing. I would NEVER send untested code out to a client. You know how STUPID you sound if you admit you didn't test code before putting it out? That's like a mechanic doing work inside a car and then not bothering to drive it around before returning it to the customer.

Those remarks are from a contractor, I would take the remarks under advisement.

What more likely happened was a combination of a few things:

1. AT&T store people under a lot of pressure due to slow computer systems and in some cases pencil and paper ordering and keying in later, keyed in wrong phone numbers by accident.

2. People using wifi with other people and slow server response resulting in PAT time out and port reuse causing eventual server responses to go to the wrong person. There were very few reports of people getting the wrong information out of AT&T, probably more of a local problem.

With millions of customers involved and humans keying in data there are bound to be a certain percentage of mistakes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts