If you recorded "Deadwood" on Sunday night, please check your recording...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

markdl

Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
If you recorded "Deadwood" on HBO-HD on Sunday night via timer or manually, please check your recording and see if the entire 60 minutes recorded, or if your recording was cut off at 49 or 50 minutes. My recording ended at 49 minutes, and I'm seeing several reports saying the same thing. If your recording was cut off early, please post your event length.

Thanks,

markdl said:
If you recorded "Deadwood" on HBO-HD on Sunday night via timer or manually, please check your recording and see if the entire 60 minutes recorded, or if your recording was cut off at 49 or 50 minutes. My recording ended at 49 minutes, and I'm seeing several reports saying the same thing. If your recording was cut off early, please post your event length.

Thanks,
Happened to me @ 50min.

I am re-recording tonight.

Mine cutoff at about 47 minutes. I thought it might have been because of thunderstorms. There was no evidence of a pixelated picture before cutting out.

There was something in the broadcast stream in Sunday night that the 921 interpreted as a STOP RECORDING command, or something along those lines. Most of the beta community reported this as well.

markdl said:
There was something in the broadcast stream in Sunday night that the 921 interpreted as a STOP RECORDING command, or something along those lines. Most of the beta community reported this as well.
Now that's scary - Dish can send something down to stop any recording anytime they want.

Yes, oh Big Brother, yes, we will behave, oh yes - jam it where the sun don't shine!

SimpleSimon said:
Now that's scary - Dish can send something down to stop any recording anytime they want.

Yes, oh Big Brother, yes, we will behave, oh yes - jam it where the sun don't shine!

LOL, SS you REALLY need PlayboyHD to keep you, er, busy!

TowJumper said:
LOL, SS you REALLY need PlayboyHD to keep you, er, busy!
LOL That's what I'm worried about - that they'll keep me from recording my Playboy :p :cool: :shocked :rolleyes: :D Is that included in the HD pack? Guess not. Oh well, can't record what you don't subscribe to.

SimpleSimon said:

What is even scarier is that E* can also stream programs into your recorded DVR list. They can pick and choose who gets what program.

This opens up target marketing somewhere down the line when E* sells your 'so-called' private information as they track your viewing habits and make that info available to advertisers.

It may not be next week, next month, or next year, but it is coming. Mark my words. The only guarantee about your privacy is that I guarantee you have none.

Dish uses a stop recording command on MLBEI so that you don't record the banner screen after the game ends if it is shorter (usually) than the 4 hr block assigned in the guide.

Well, a Stop command on things like MLBEI actually makes sense - that's why it didn't occur to me as related to E*.

I remember info from E* coming down the feed into my 501 when they added a bunch of new features - the variable-speed stuff if I remember right. As long as that's the type of content, I'm all for it. If they start downloading SPAM, I'm gonna go buy rockets and shoot their birds outta orbit. I say it that way so that no freakin idiot can possibly think I would actually commit a property crime. Actually, what I WOULD do, is accumulate signatures (virtual and real) and boycott the advertiser.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts