If you were living in Sidney, Australia what's the most easternmost C or Ku band satellite can you Get?

satellite that you can "see"? Or satellite that you can receive?

In theory, as stated above, it's 131W, and on the western side, it's 72E (Intelsat 22). But 131W covers only North America... So the Easternmost satellite that can be received in Sydney is likely 177W for C-Band. As for Ku, Satstar.net lists NSS6 @169W, but looks like Sydney is out of footprint and I don't know if that sateliite is still active at all. More likely, 180E is the easternmost Ku sat receivable in Sydney

It looks like they don't have a beam that far according to satbeams. Also at 1.5 elevation might be marginal on signal. As i have scene on some sites that it may need 10 elevation to get signal. I could be wrong on that too because Sydney is right by the water so maybe clear shot.

177w looks like it would work. I do recall in my racing years when my boss was down there that the earth stations were pointed straight up and down almost at 0 ele. I too have looked with sat beams for signals from Portugal out of curiousity.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts