IGN= Most Biased site on the web. Apparently, no one is lining up for the PS3. :)

hpman247

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I've noticed this since I got into PS3 mood about a month ago. IGN is horrible. The way they write articles and the wording of the headlines and front page stories bashes the PS3 more than T2k. It's sad really, that a source like IGN is this biased against this console.

Here's the noboby lining up early article
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/744/744967p1.html

Yeah, so, ....uh.....there's no line huh. Good Job IGN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wsmtfg9uWtY

2 years from now, I am going the rub the PS3s success in everyone who questioned its success' face. I can't wait.

I don't think you can predict the success of the unit, based on the number of people wanting to wait in line.

I know many of people that waited in line for units in the past... for 1 reason... the hope of getting one.

With Sony being so "OPEN" (I say that loosely), about the number of units out there... why would someone sacrifice a weekend (or days off work), to go sit in line .... for really next to no chance of getting one?

At least here in the States, GameStop, EB, ToysRUs all did the pre-order thing and basically have come out and said... if you didn't get a pre-order... you are not getting one on launch day.

2 years from now, I hope we are talking about XBOX720, what will be in the PS4, and the next gen systems.

Last edited:
2 years from now, I hope we are talking about XBOX720, what will be in the PS4, and the next gen systems.

I think Sony stated somewhere they expect the PS3 to have a 10 year lifespan, meaning it will likely be 5-6 before we see any PS4 stuff.

Found it: http://www.cnet.com.au/games/ps3/0,239035763,240056080,00.htm

Crazy Sony Guy said:
"We're looking at a life cycle of 10 years with the PlayStation 3. ..."

I think Sony has really botched so much of this launch, from manufacturing to the ridiculous statements by Katagari, to allowing MS such a huge lead out of the gate. I'm not saying they cant make it up with their clout and some solid first party titles, but man, what a hole they've dug.

10 Year Life Cycle? They are nuts... not in today's day and age.

Maybe the PS3 platform... but I hope that the PS3 they release today is not the same PS3 they are selling in 10 years

Just look how much things have changed in just the last 5 years... let alone ten..

Do they think technology advances are going to slow down over the next decade?

I don't think you can predict the success of the unit, based on the number of people wanting to wait in line.

I know many of people that waited in line for units in the past... for 1 reason... the hope of getting one.

With Sony being so "OPEN" (I say that loosely), about the number of units out there... why would someone sacrifice a weekend (or days off work), to go sit in line .... for really next to no chance of getting one?

At least here in the States, GameStop, EB, ToysRUs all did the pre-order thing and basically have come out and said... if you didn't get a pre-order... you are not getting one on launch day.

Sega Dreamcast sold like hotcakes during its first Christmas shopping season....

Sales crashed though as they couldn't convince the bulk of the populace to be as fervent about the platform as the early adopters...

Sony's test won't be during Christmas, it will be during next June when supply catches up to demand and surpasses it.

hpman - Anoop, who wrote the article is a douche. Ignore anything he writes. Also many of the stores are doing a lottery, so he might have taken that pic at one of them.

10 Year Life Cycle? They are nuts... not in today's day and age.

Exactly my point on another thread, I give 3-4 years tops. Do you think that people just accept tha fact that there's new technolgy out there and they have to play with obsolete consoles? The companies will need to move as fast as the technology, that's why the PC games are way ahead.

Exactly my point on another thread, I give 3-4 years tops. Do you think that people just accept tha fact that there's new technolgy out there and they have to play with obsolete consoles? The companies will need to move as fast as the technology, that's why the PC games are way ahead.

I agree, and Sony has been really against changing anything. I can see MS maybe in the next 2 years integrating the HDDVD when it becomes economical to do so, and keeping it at the price of the core system. Even past its life it will still likely be a great media extender and home theater box similar to what people have done to their own first gen Xboxes though not really sanctioned by MS.

3-4 or so years from now I'm sure we'll finally be chatting up a storm about the first shots from a sample game running on the next generation of Xbox.

The interesting thing will be the difference in the releases. Xbox has had this head start, if they have a shorter development cycle, are we going to end up with staggered 1-2 year gaps between consoles from here on out, what is going to come along and break that trend, who is going to fail first?

Wii has too low of a price point to really fail IMO... though they did make the Virtual Boy.

Sega Dreamcast sold like hotcakes during its first Christmas shopping season....

Sales crashed though as they couldn't convince the bulk of the populace to be as fervent about the platform as the early adopters...

Sony's test won't be during Christmas, it will be during next June when supply catches up to demand and surpasses it.

Sadly... IMHO... the #1 thing that killed the Dreamcast was how easily the "copy-protection" was beat. That you simply could download and burn the games to a standard CD Rom...

No Mod Chips, No opening the unit. And obviously no way to change that, so the game vendors basically told Sega... we are done developing for the Dreamcast... :(

Sadly... IMHO... the #1 thing that killed the Dreamcast was how easily the "copy-protection" was beat. That you simply could download and burn the games to a standard CD Rom...

No Mod Chips, No opening the unit. And obviously no way to change that, so the game vendors basically told Sega... we are done developing for the Dreamcast... :(

I did not know that. I never owned a Dreamcast either though

I did not know that. I never owned a Dreamcast either though

Ya, you could very easily download and burn Dreamcast games. No copy protection at all. I didn't do it much, as I was just a NFL2k junkie.

I have hopefully been forgiven for any of those sins, as I own 2 dozen 360 games.... sigh. Girlfriend applauded me the other night cause i FINISHED one (Marvel: Ultimate Alliance)... "wow I've never seen you do that before..."

This morning I finished Gears of War, and she's equally as astonished.

Still have my Dreamcast, its fun to hook up and play Power Stone or NFL2k from time to time. Can't say the same for my SNES, Genesis, or NES.... that's what emulators are for!

I think the last time I hooked it up is cause I read online how you can run emulators on it and a friend tried that, they ran choppy though so it got packed back up.

/derail off....

Ya, you could very easily download and burn Dreamcast games. No copy protection at all. I didn't do it much, as I was just a NFL2k junkie.

I have hopefully been forgiven for any of those sins, as I own 2 dozen 360 games.... sigh. Girlfriend applauded me the other night cause i FINISHED one (Marvel: Ultimate Alliance)... "wow I've never seen you do that before..."

This morning I finished Gears of War, and she's equally as astonished.

Still have my Dreamcast, its fun to hook up and play Power Stone or NFL2k from time to time. Can't say the same for my SNES, Genesis, or NES.... that's what emulators are for!

I think the last time I hooked it up is cause I read online how you can run emulators on it and a friend tried that, they ran choppy though so it got packed back up.

/derail off....

How long did you finish GOW. I've played about 2 hours probably. Going to get that car at the gas station now. Just passed checkpoint 2

How long did you finish GOW. I've played about 2 hours probably. Going to get that car at the gas station now. Just passed checkpoint 2

Did the first act the night I got it, then 2 and 3 last night, and 4 and 5 this morning... prolly only took 8-9 hours, and partly cause i got stuck in a spot or two not noticing a door or something so i kept going in circles.

Going to start Hardcore later tonight or sometime tomorrow prolly... Multiplayer is fun too.

Even as a loyal Nintendo junkie, I caved and bought a Dreamcast when the insane price drop hit. The Dreamcast is probably my favorite system of all time.

And yes, the games were easy to find and burn through nearly every avenue possible (from p2p, ftp, and even AOL server chats). That probably had a lot to do with it caving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)