IHub and IPTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jdurand

Original poster
Jan 16, 2010
California
I'm considering getting an iHub for my SV-HD8000 but aren't clear on what the stock, non-hacked version allows.

For example, aside from just watching a program over the network, can I simply pull the file off the HD8000 and store it on my laptop?

Also, can I SEND/push a file from my laptop onto the HD8000 disk. Example: I record a video with my camera and want to watch it on the big screen.

I know I can unplug the HD8000 hard drive and plug it into my laptop to do all this, but it would be nice if I didn't have to.

If I am not mistaking, most of those so called IKS devices require the hacked firmware installed in the receiver in order for the ethernet devices to work.

If I am not mistaking, most of those so called IKS devices require the hacked firmware installed in the receiver in order for the ethernet devices to work.

Ah, well I'm not hacking the HD8000, so it sounds like that's out. :mad:

Anyone know of a list of the stock HD8000 RS-232 commands? I design industrial control systems along with other stuff and might want to build my own remote control for it. You can tell business is slow at the moment. :)

This is along the lines of a catch-22. I would love to have a FTA STB that can pull down IPTV streams without having to go into the whole hack thing. I feel your pain!

I just loaded the 2.57 firmware (from the SV support page) into my receiver and now it's tries to connect to the Internet. I wonder, are they really adding things to make the iHub useful? Wish I could find an actual list of things it does.

BTW, I couldn't find anyplace to tell it there wasn't an iHub attached, I guess it figured that out by now.

Ihub allow watching Hulu?

Anyone know if the IHUB can be set up to watch programs on the SV8000 from Hulu or other websites via an existing Wifi router? I'd prefer to watch these shows on the TV rather than the computer. The web searches I've tried on the IHUB and Wifi and IPTV keywords all end up at pirate sites - I'm not interested in that.

Or is there a way to send a Wifi link to the SV8000 with the USB port?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts