Ill be the first to post here: Xbox HD games

I hear they kept it at 480p due to framerate concerns. I'll take smoother gameplay over better resolution in this case.......

Smooth is VERY important. EA's NHL 2004 was horrid when you were in along the boards. In fact I just bought NHL 2003 (again) because 2004 was so lame and I am not dumping $50 on 2005.

Does anyone know if the xbox upscales 720p to 1080i if the tv doesn't support 720p or is it direct mapping only?

(newbie xboxer)
Brent

I think the Xbox does a direct mapping. If anything it will downscale it to 480p or 480i.

Most TVs that don't support 720p will almost always upscale it to 1080i.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I thought. My TV does not upscale a 720p signal. So, to benefit from any HD games other than 480p, I'll have to look to the 1080i ones for some real eye popping graphics.

Brent

I tend to agree with Unthinkable. There aren't any console games out there yet capable of 720p or 1080i, which is HD. I know the xbox interface says 720p and 1080i, but natively I'm next to positive no games out there support 720p. Certainly not SW Battlefront. The old celeron 700 and onboard nvidia graphix card just isn't capable of a decent resolution. Now as far as I can tell, the next gen consoles will be built from the ground up to support true HD. Which is hella cool.

Hmm. Very cool. I guess with the simplistic cartoonish graphics, the system has enough horsepower to get it out in 1080i. Very shweet!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts