ill be the first to vouch for the 4d's...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

crackt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 24, 2007
101w up north.
so im sitting with 2 920's and not sure what to do with em. i got to playing with them and im sold. i let one go to a great owner. otherwise the feeds are yummy. the itc audio channels are insanely clear and crisp. cd quality for sure. i called skyvision tonight and askt for a free hit. buddy opened my 4d right up. i had a friend at the house that kept saying is that HD. i wont say its the best sat feed ive ever displayed on my tv but its definately the best sd feed ive ever displayed on my tv. ikki if yer 922 is still up for sale i pm ed you. otherwise the nay sayers should shut it. the quality is there. im gonna have to unleash on the movie pack now. haha.

crackt out,.

The 4DTV still has the best pictures for subscription channels in the sky for SD. The masters are fantastic. HITS on W5 are decent. The only below par signals are the G3 reuplinks from NPS, they are about pizza quality. HD lite from pizza or cable, who needs it... just watch the SD channels on 4D and it's better than HD lite. :D

Another satisfied 4DTV + C Band convert!. Welcome to the fold.

Be sure to support 4DTV as long as you are a DSR owner via a sub of some type.

I did end up selling my 922. For me I will stick with FTA, for the time being any way.

Here is hoping SA gets some programming available via PowerVu.

I did end up selling my 922. For me I will stick with FTA, for the time being any way.

Here is hoping SA gets some programming available via PowerVu.

yah thanks for not replying to my pm. i woulda bought it.

crackt out,.

crackt, do what I did, check out ebay. I got a dsr-922 for around $200. It looks like I am going to have to BUY a 10' mesh dish though and hardware, will set me back about $1300, have to make it back next year. Hell $1300 today would have been about $800 back in the early 90's when I paid much more than that for an analog system with a 7 1/2' dish. But I was able to get TVN PPV, they had first run movies, sometimes still at the theatres.

Can't wait to get my c-band 4dtv up and running, good luck crackt, check out ebay!!!

Why don't Comcast/HITS offer us PPV??? They use DC II and run the GI sub center now

>ah thanks for not replying to my pm. i woulda bought it.

Your message was replied to, in fact it said "Another user on here had already made an offer on it, and pending payment, it is a done deal. If the user changes his mind you will be the first to know."

koko ni mota re te iru no mou hitotsu no yuuzaa ha sorede, soshite shiharai made sudeni teikyou ni tsukura re te, sore deki te i ta torihiki de aru. yuuzaa ga kare no kokoro o kaere ba shiru beki dai 1 de aru

Maybe there sideswiper, here not too many. Found a nice but old and rusty CM 10' mesh, can't get it, stuck in death proceedings (owner died) others here not interested in selling, but don't know why I want their dish, nothing is available, etc, I have one more house to check, probably dont want to sell either. Hell I have even placed ad on craigslist and offered free dish removal on topix in 2 towns, nothing. I could borrow/steal a 6' off an abandoned property, but not too big on going to jail for a $250 6' dish.

I live in a different world I suppose. Maybe that one house will come through with a dish???

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread, just responding to the so omnipresent opinion that dishes are available for free anywhere. Just so long as anywhere is anywhere other than south Georgia I suppose.

Lonewolf454, I just picked up one of those WSI 8 foot dish's that are on special. That might be something to consider.

Solid or mesh? Looks like WSI has quit carrying most c band stuff, I bought a c lnb from them a long time ago...

Really like the looks of mesh better than solid and probably keep me out of a lot of trouble with the wifey.

So far it looks like skyvision is cheaper than anyone I have found on a 10 footer mesh SAMI, including shipping. I checked with Ricks Satellite first but he won't give me a shipping quote for some reason, asked twice. Skyvision even recommended actuator and lnb, so they were a lot of help. They are also cheaper than quote I received from the mfg, Superior Antenna.

I will check WSI again, but sure dont remember any mesh dishes, could be wrong.

Maybe there sideswiper, here not too many. Found a nice but old and rusty CM 10' mesh, can't get it, stuck in death proceedings (owner died) others here not interested in selling, but don't know why I want their dish, nothing is available, etc, I have one more house to check, probably dont want to sell either. Hell I have even placed ad on craigslist and offered free dish removal on topix in 2 towns, nothing. I could borrow/steal a 6' off an abandoned property, but not too big on going to jail for a $250 6' dish.

I live in a different world I suppose. Maybe that one house will come through with a dish???

Sorry not trying to hijack the thread, just responding to the so omnipresent opinion that dishes are available for free anywhere. Just so long as anywhere is anywhere other than south Georgia I suppose.

well i have a 920 already. actually i had 2. sold one to a local member of another forum. as for dishes. i cant believe you cant find a freebie. i took down 8 this summer. 1 spun 8 footer, 2 mesh 8 footers, 1 spun 9 footer, 3 mesh 10 footers and a big aluminum 8 panel 10 footer. to bad your not closer. haha. there are still so many to be harvested.

crackt out,.

Crackt, it is real heehaw around here, not to mention lots of people out of work. I took off some aluminum cans over the weekend for recycling, guess what I saw.... A cut up mesh dish!

The few that are left around here people are saving for harder times I think, although they are miscalculating their value for scrap.

You did give me an idea though, I am going to ask via this forum if anyone has an extra dish in my (100m) area. It's worth a try, sure could use that $1000 on something else (like bills)

Later

Crackt, it is real heehaw around here, not to mention lots of people out of work. I took off some aluminum cans over the weekend for recycling, guess what I saw.... A cut up mesh dish!

The few that are left around here people are saving for harder times I think, although they are miscalculating their value for scrap.

You did give me an idea though, I am going to ask via this forum if anyone has an extra dish in my (100m) area. It's worth a try, sure could use that $1000 on something else (like bills)

Later

i cant really go south but if you want to come north ill take you dish hunting. i know where about 20 10 foot dishes are that could be had for beer (its a form of canadian currency) haha. i havent even had to look hard yet. i guess i never thought of the hard times the states are having. we are still relatively un affected by the whole US stock scam fiasco where im at. im not sure how much some one would get for scrap. maybe 100 bucks is all. its a shame they'd be destroyed for that little money.

crackt out,.

i missed out on a mesh 8' up the street-they said if i would give them the "scrap price" i could have it...the scrap price was 10.00 or something like that. I work nights and over slept so they ended up taking it to the scrap yard.

i let one go to a great owner. otherwise the feeds are yummy.

Please share some of your favorite 4DTV feeds. I'm kinda new to 4DTV, in fact I just bought a sub for mine last week. I feel like I've done my part to keep 4DTV subs going. :D

Let me know if you find anything good, especially wildfeeds. Thank you!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts