Im a dealer - have a bunch of old receviers - what to do with them?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AmyJ

Original poster
Jul 20, 2016
Florence SC
Im a dealer and I have a bunch of old receivers for dish and directv... I hate to just throw them out. What can I do with them?

Are you saying that you have held onto "new old stock" receivers so long that so many generations have passed that the companies will no longer authorize them? And that you owned these rather than held them as consignment?

If so, you are probably toasted. If you have some other income, you might consider writing them off as worthless, or donating them to something like Goodwill and claiming the original price for taxes.

Reactions: Tecnicoloco
You probably have more than the rest of us who are just subscribers, but most of us probably have outdated equipment sitting in a closet somewhere. I've got Dish and DirecTV receivers, plus an out of date SD only Tivo, etc, etc, (and now a GenieGo) that I hate to throw away, yet the equipment is basically worthless.

The question is what do you have?

I remember buying a whole Uhaul truck of equipment from a dealer that passes away.

25% of it went into my inventory such as dishes and remotes, then threw away half the receivers, RMA'd some stuff, and sold the receivers that had turned into gold on eBay.

Reactions: navychop
Status
Please reply by conversation.