I'm a little early, but what date does Holidays and Happenings (815) start playing Christmas music?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
I want to tune into it the day it starts. I also will listen on SiriusXM, TuneIn, iHeart, Pandora, and my AM/FM radio.

a guess would be mid november, that's when most have usually started, but some started Nov 1 last year. I use accuradio on computer or bluetooth with their app. They have several year round Christmas stations, so I can tune in anytime I want to listen to a little seasonal cheer during the doldrums of summer.

I'm sick of Christmas already. They keep pushing it earlier and earlier every year. There's been Christmas crap in stores around here since July. I saw a commercial for something on TV a few nights ago that was playing Christmas music. I'm expecting it to come around one of these years and never go away - Christmas all year long. Ugh.

Reactions: ejb1980
On or the next day after Halloween or between Oct. 31 to Nov. 1.

Believe me my sister here who loves the early X'mas music start on H&H is an expert on it.

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

I want to tune into it the day it starts. I also will listen on SiriusXM, TuneIn, iHeart, Pandora, and my AM/FM radio.
Probably right after Halloween.
Those that start this are ruining the idea of Christmas...
When I was a kid, we could not wait for Christmas decorations to start appearing in the towns displays and such. Usually these were not installed until a week or so after Thanksgiving.
People would start decorating about then as well. IN Germany there is an old tradition of waiting until Christmas Eve to put up the family Christmas tree. Families would gather and exchange gifts then....
I grew up in the NY Metro area. We sort looked upon the lighting of the tree at Rockefeller Center as the unofficial start of the holiday decorating season.
Now people start decorating BEFORE Thanksgiving. Sort of ruins it.
By the Monday after Thanksgiving the tree sellers are just about out of trees. Amazing.
Here, there is an FM radio station that starts playing holiday music on Nov 1. 24 hrs per day.....
http://k1047.com/
You may listen on line and over the i-heart radio app.. This is the station I mentioned above.

I'm sick of Christmas already. They keep pushing it earlier and earlier every year. There's been Christmas crap in stores around here since July. I saw a commercial for something on TV a few nights ago that was playing Christmas music. I'm expecting it to come around one of these years and never go away - Christmas all year long. Ugh.
Here's one that got me. Surveys report that by the end of October, 20% of all who plan on giving gifts for Christmas have completed their shopping by that time. By mid November that increases to HALF.

Sort of like the lazy people who never take down their Christmas lights.

I recently purchased a Denon Heos. So, I'm really looking forward to using their way of integrating my own Christmas music plus using the paid services of Deezer and the like. This is going to be a lot of fun. And on top of that, I can have the Christmas Music start when ever I want it to, or not start until I want it to. I should have done this a long time ago.

I recently purchased a Denon Heos. So, I'm really looking forward to using their way of integrating my own Christmas music plus using the paid services of Deezer and the like. This is going to be a lot of fun. And on top of that, I can have the Christmas Music start when ever I want it to, or not start until I want it to. I should have done this a long time ago.

WHY would you PAY for Christmas music? Christmas has been ruined for years - it doesn't start and it doesn't end. There is no "war on Christmas" like the right-wing nuts will make you think - Christmas is over-saturated. It went to war on itself and lost.

Reactions: scots
I have been called that before....

I do put a few lights on my Norfolk pine and hang some meaningful ornaments on it for a couple of weeks pre-Christmas. And the NBA games all day is great.

Reactions: osu1991
WHY would you PAY for Christmas music? Christmas has been ruined for years - it doesn't start and it doesn't end. There is no "war on Christmas" like the right-wing nuts will make you think - Christmas is over-saturated. It went to war on itself and lost.

I'm a Christian and proud of it. Bring on the CHRISTmas music and I will gladly pay for it! I thank God for His Son and the music celebrating His coming! And as for politics, can't stand it. FOX, FOX Business, CNBC, MSNBC, CNN, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Now that is over saturation!

I'm a Christian and proud of it. Bring on the CHRISTmas music and I will gladly pay for it! I thank God for His Son and the music celebrating His coming! And as for politics, can't stand it. FOX, FOX Business, CNBC, MSNBC, CNN, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Now that is over saturation!

No politics allowed

Hilarious. No politics. haha, for real? Christian radio K-Love doesn't even go all Christmas until nearly Christmas. Commerical FM radio will be filled with Christmas music soon. Figure it out.

Hilarious. No politics. haha, for real? Christian radio K-Love doesn't even go all Christmas until nearly Christmas. Commerical FM radio will be filled with Christmas music soon. Figure it out.

For Real! Can't stand it. What is hilarious is the way some people make Politics their all and all. Now, that is hilarious. And, I have figured it out. K-Love? LOL You need to change your browser's search engine. Commercial FM Radio? Hahahaha! Where is that ignore button...? I can't stand my own laughter any longer. There it is.. IGNORED! Have a good day. And don't forget to vote. Eventually, you will cast your last one! Figure it out!

Last edited:
For Real! Can't stand it. What is hilarious is the way some people make Politics their all and all. Now, that is hilarious. And, I have figured it out. K-Love? LOL You need to change your browser's search engine. Commercial FM Radio? Hahahaha! Where is that ignore button...? I can't stand my own laughter any longer. There it is.. IGNORED! Have a good day. And don't forget to vote. Eventually, you will cast your last one! Figure it out!

Wow. What does radio have to do with my search engine? I have no idea what this post is trying to say, but that sounds like a a good thing and a good time to let it all go. Enjoy your marketing, I mean Christmas music.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)