I'm Back after 2 weeks

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Now if you can only convince 970,000 of your closet friends to join you then you'll be all set!

his story falls under propaganda ... not marketing :D

On the flip side of the coin I waited more than 6 weeks for my Voom de-installation and have been happily watching D* since BUT I SURE DO MISS STARZHD!!!!!! D* currently cannot match the number of HD programs offered by Voom, so it is a niche market. This will all change ... E* assimilating Voom and D* pumping more bandwidth than an Internet hooker.

Either way, I am glad you have what you want. What more can anyone ask for. (Other than StarzHD on D* :mad: )

slacker9876 said:

On the flip side of the coin I waited more than 6 weeks for my Voom de-installation and have been happily watching D*
How are you enjoying HDNET Movies? ;)

That was a warm and fuzzy story dreedy. Gee, I wish I had Voom. NNNNNNOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTT......... :no

DobyMax,
let me guess... You are 13 years old... After reading your posts I know I cannot be off by much...

Interesting that Slacker & Doby? find time to post.Wouldn't you guys rather be watching wonderful SD on D*? I have VOOM & D* and only keep D* because of Sunday Ticket. Let me tell you the D*HD isn't worth it. The new so-called Fox HD looks like the old wide screen DT. I'm used to surfing the HD channels. If it's crap at least it's in HD! Saw Johnny Depp today in "Arizona Dreams" a truly classic Johnny Depp film. Meanwhile "Smart Travels" has come to VOOM. Good move. Anyway, welcome back.

tvlman - And with all of that so-called HD, how do you find the time to post?

andrezj - 13 years old? That doesn't bother me as much as hearing the truth bugs the he!! out of you. Sad.

slacker9876 said:

That would a 'testimonial' which is a marketing strategy. Propaganda is the inscessant "Voom will be out of business in 2 months" campaign some people on these forums have.

This will all change ... E* assimilating Voom and D* pumping more bandwidth than an Internet hooker.

Like this see? An unsubstantiated opinion expressed in hopes of putting down one entity and bring up another. D*'s current "bandwidth pumping" practices suggest they have other ideas in mind.

DobyMax: I think it's time you swing your peg leg around full motion, and knock that hairpiece out of your eyes. The jig is up, D*'s picture quality has been rated B for the blind. You say "nnnnnooooottt" as if you were one of the chicks at your own high school prom. I don't care how much you promote DirectMyPee on this forum, Rupert isn't going to give you a raise or a promotion, he's going to shove three of you monkeys into a single cubicle and change your computer monitors back down to EGA, ok Wilbur? Do yourself a favor and tie your shoelaces together, and hang yourself off your D* dish, and be gone. There is absolutely no reason to be here in this forum, just to repeat your posts 10,000 times, troll. I'm amazed the Satguys mods haven't banned your account already.

Dvlos said:
That would a 'testimonial' which is a marketing strategy. Propaganda is the inscessant "Voom will be out of business in 2 months" campaign some people on these forums have.

Like this see? An unsubstantiated opinion expressed in hopes of putting down one entity and bring up another. D*'s current "bandwidth pumping" practices suggest they have other ideas in mind.

DobyMax: I think it's time you swing your peg leg around full motion, and knock that hairpiece out of your eyes. The jig is up, D*'s picture quality has been rated B for the blind. You say "nnnnnooooottt" as if you were one of the chicks at your own high school prom. I don't care how much you promote DirectMyPee on this forum, Rupert isn't going to give you a raise or a promotion, he's going to shove three of you monkeys into a single cubicle and change your computer monitors back down to EGA, ok Wilbur? Do yourself a favor and tie your shoelaces together, and hang yourself off your D* dish, and be gone. There is absolutely no reason to be here in this forum, just to repeat your posts 10,000 times, troll. I'm amazed the Satguys mods haven't banned your account already.

ROTFLMAO

Wayne

DarrellP said:
How are you enjoying HDNET Movies? ;)

Oh yeah HDNet Movies ... this one is right up there with MOOV. In about 6 months of use with the HD pak on D* I have watched "The Serpent And The Rainbow" on HDNet Movies ... killer I mean kill me channel.

Dvlos said:

Can I quote you on that?

prop·a·gan·da Pronunciation Key (prp-gnd) n.

1. The systematic propagation of a doctrine or cause or of information reflecting the views and interests of those advocating such a doctrine or cause.
2. Material disseminated by the advocates or opponents of a doctrine or cause: wartime propaganda.
3. Propaganda Roman Catholic Church. A division of the Roman Curia that has authority in the matter of preaching the gospel, of establishing the Church in non-Christian countries, and of administering Church missions in territories where there is no properly organized hierarchy.

mar·ket Pronunciation Key (märkt)n.

1. A public gathering held for buying and selling merchandise.
2. A place where goods are offered for sale.
3. A store or shop that sells a particular type of merchandise: a vegetable market.
1. The business of buying and selling a specified commodity: the soybean market.
2. A market price.
3. A geographic region considered as a place for sales: grain for the foreign market; the West Coast market.
4. A subdivision of a population considered as buyers: cosmetics for the upscale market.
5. The opportunity to buy or sell; extent of demand for merchandise: a big market for gourmet foods.
1. An exchange for buying and selling stocks or commodities: securities sold on the New York market.
2. The entire enterprise of buying and selling commodities and securities: The market has been slow recently.

Define the correct word.

Main Entry: mar·ket·ing
Function: noun
1 a : the act or process of selling or purchasing in a market b : the process or technique of promoting, selling, and distributing a product or service
2 : an aggregate of functions involved in moving goods from producer to consumer

Nice try Webster Ubernerd, "marketing" in terms of "advertising". Way to lay the definition of "Market" up there... What was your point exactly? Oh yeah, you don't have a point other than spinning your Encyclopedia Britannica CD on your beanie and calling it a day. I guess the jokes on me for thinking you'd answer like an adult...
The original poster, gave a "testimonial" of his experience with both V* and D* (bad and good for both). Slacker hasn't been able to ... How tragic.

Moderator Note: Keep it civil please. Content edited.

wasch_24 said:
Define the correct word.

Main Entry: mar·ket·ing
Function: noun
1 a : the act or process of selling or purchasing in a market b : the process or technique of promoting, selling, and distributing a product or service
2 : an aggregate of functions involved in moving goods from producer to consumer

Blame dictionary.com ... it was all they had. Either way I am right
:yes

I'll blame slacker's propaganda as mainly DirectTV bandwagoning and Voom related mudslinging.

Accurate enough for you Mr. Trebec?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)