I'm confused about FSN HD...

WalkingSnake

Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
I'm sure this may have been answered a thousand times, I just can't find a definite answer...

Baseball season's coming up. FSN Midwest is supposed to air many of these games in HD. Should I look for them on the normal FSN HD station, which has never seemed to display anything other than a graphic and logo?

Will they be broadcast at all? If I find out Cardinals games aren't in HD, E*'s going to have a very angry costumer to deal with. :)

I don't know about FSN Midwest, but last season most of the rsn's only carried live home games in HD. Several are supposed to have live away games this year as well. The games do not show up in seaches for sports or baseball as the guide does not list them as such. A search for 'Cardinals' should give you games or if you check the guide when live games are on the rsn's sd channel. I have SNY HD in NY and a search for 'Mets' gives me four HD games between Monday and Sunday. The rest of the time, there is no programing on the HD channel.

I don't know about FSN Midwest, but last season most of the rsn's only carried live home games in HD. Several are supposed to have live away games this year as well. The games do not show up in seaches for sports or baseball as the guide does not list them as such. A search for 'Cardinals' should give you games or if you check the guide when live games are on the rsn's sd channel. I have SNY HD in NY and a search for 'Mets' gives me four HD games between Monday and Sunday. The rest of the time, there is no programing on the HD channel.

Yeah, I know when they're supposed to be on and in HD. So they should show up in the on-screen guide?

Yeah, I know when they're supposed to be on and in HD. I have the schedule. I'd just like to be sure that Dish will actually be showing these. I'd assume so, then?

Just check out the EPG. It goes go 7 days ahead. They should be in there already if they are going to be televised. I looked ahead for the Braves and saw they will be televised in next Wed. on Fox South hd.

Here in the Chicago area Monday's White Sox at Cleveland game is being broadcasted in HD by Comcast SportsNet Chicago. The on screen guide shows the game will be on the SD channel; but it does not appear on the CSN HD channel.

FSNBA changes to CSNWS on Monday. Does that also mean any game that would have been on FSNBA HD (which we dont have) will now go to CSNWS HD? Would be nice if this is so.

It is changing to Comcast Sportsnet Bay Area. There is a Comcast Sportsnet West but that is Sacramento and that one is in HD. No CSN Bay Area in HD announcements yet unfortunately. I don't think the Bay Area HD will be on the West HD.

So there already is a CSN-BA? Or will this be, in effect, a new CSN channel in addition to CSN-WS? Looking at the HD guide for the next week and not seeing any bay area games I suppose it is new. Ah well. !protest

You might want to check the HD Alt channels in the 9500 range just incase, that's how I found a CSN NewEngland HD Celtics game last week and the channel is not active yet for a HD RSN.

I live in FL but don't really cheer for either team in FL. I'm a Braves fan but now that TBS isn't doing their games anymore I can't watch them. Is there any way for me to get their games? I know I could order the multisport pack to get FSN South but all of their games would be blacked out right?

Cards in HD

I am also in the St. Louis market and found this article which appeared in the St. Louis Business Journal on 3/18/08.

FSN Midwest will televise 88 St. Louis Cardinals games, including all but one of its home telecasts, in high definition (HD) this season, the network announced Tuesday.
The 88 games in HD, which includes opening day March 31, more than doubles the 37 Cardinals games produced in HD last season by FSN Midwest. FSN will broadcast 130 of 162 Cardinals games this season.
All but one of the 65 Cardinals' home game's broadcast by FSN Midwest will air in HD.
FSN Midwest began its Cardinals HD telecasts in 2006 when it produced 17 HD games.
The standard-definition telecast of games produced by FSN in HD appears on the regular FSN Midwest channel, while FSN Midwest HD games appear on a separate channel.