I'm fed up with Dish Network....

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DirtyMack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 21, 2003
And my fiancé is on the phone with them as I type this.
I've paid $200 for an 811 which is worthless if E* doesn't install my second dish, and provide me with a 'complete' HD package. I've already had to cancel my "Superbowl In HD" party because of their incompetence, not to mention the 3 week delay in providing me with the 811 I PAID for 3 weeks earlier.
The last straw was when Dish re-scheduled the installation of my second dish for today between 9-12. Now keep in mind this is the 3rd time I've had an appointment re-scheduled, and had exhausted my days off request. I asked a CSR if she could have the installer call me 15 minutes before he arrived to my home, and I would drive 4 miles home to meet him. Something told me to call E* to check on my appointment, and the CSR tell me that the installer left my house 15 minutes prior to my call.

I'm willing to take the loss on the 811(i can always sell it on Ebay), but I refuse to pay a penalty for canceling my 'incomplete' HD package early.

Right now i'm looking into switching back to digital cable (Charter) who is offering ALL local channels in HD, and can have me installed tomorrow, and for less $$ per month. Ironic, since i've been a Dish advocate for over 5 years, and have referred at least 10 people to them....

You're only missing CBS HD. Technically it's not even part of the HD pak. There were a lot of options if you really wanted a dish aimed at 61.5 in time for the superbowl. I understand your frusteration but I don't believe you're right about not having to pay the cancellation fee on the HD sub.

Congratulations on seeing DISH'S missmanagement of inventory and poor customer service. Recently Echostar Communications Corporation has become Echostar CABLE Corporation.

Agreed, appliedagression- The HD pack is only four channels, says so on E* website: DiscoveryHD, HDNet, HDNet Movies, and ESPN HD.

They have a whole page dedicated to explaining how some are/arent qualified to get CBSHD. If you qualify, you can get a free dish.
http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/programming/locals/cbshd/index.shtml

Get as angry as you want- but you havent paid for CBSHD in the HD pack. Just like HBOHD and ShowHD are not part of the HD pack.

Dont know why not getting one channel (which most can pick up with a $20 antenna hookup OTA) has got you thinking you wasted your $$ on an 811. Do some research next time.

And most places - for anything installed- give you a 3 hr window. Whether its cable, D*, E*, an electrician, etc- they all give windows. Next time make arrangements to be there instead of getting mad when they dont give you a call (that they arent obligated to make). Or just dont make the appt until you can be there. Again, something that isnt Dish's fault IMO.

bsic said:
Agreed, appliedagression- The HD pack is only four channels, says so on E* website: DiscoveryHD, HDNet, HDNet Movies, and ESPN HD.

They have a whole page dedicated to explaining how some are/arent qualified to get CBSHD. If you qualify, you can get a free dish.

Get as angry as you want- but you havent paid for CBSHD in the HD pack. Just like HBOHD and ShowHD are not part of the HD pack.

Dont know why not getting one channel (which most can pick up with a $20 antenna hookup OTA) has got you thinking you wasted your $$ on an 811. Do some research next time.

And most places - for anything installed- give you a 3 hr window. Whether its cable, D*, E*, an electrician, etc- they all give windows. Next time make arrangements to be there instead of getting mad when they dont give you a call (that they arent obligated to make). Or just dont make the appt until you can be there. Again, something that isnt Dish's fault IMO.

I can see your point about the install windows but he has been rescheduled 3 times already and some people just can't take 3 or 4 days off of work or take off work on a whim without notice because dish thinks they might be ready to install. He probaly had to let his boss know a couple of days in advance in order to take off in the first place before he was rescheduled 3 times. I don't think having someone call 15 min. before the install is unreasonable at all (they are obligated to make the call if they say they will).

He probably thinks he wasted money on the 811 because he is NOT getting something he was TOLD by dish he would get. Yes he should have done some more research but Dish also has a responsibility to explain these details to him as well.

bsic said:

Trust me, I've researched it enough to know that I'm paying nearly $80 a month to a company with incompetent management.
Lets see:
I order an 811, and E* promised it would be in my home on 12/29(vacation day #1). They also assure me that I would NOT need an additional satellite to receive CBSHD.

Three weeks later(1/19), and three weeks after having been charged the $199, I finally get my 811, cool (MLK day holiday, yess!).

I have a 5 minute discussion with the installer about how I cannot wait to watch the Super bowl on CBS in HD. Ten minutes later he slips away without even a mention of me needing a second satellite, ok.

I now realize that the prior two CSRs were full of s**t, and I did in fact need an additional satellite. I call, and again I'm promised to have my secondary one installed BEFORE the Superbowl(1/28), it was a simple routine installation according to the self assured CSR, I'm excited.

In the meantime I plan a Super bowl party, everyone's excited about the prospect of seeing the big game in all it's HD glory.

The morning before the installation(AKA vacation day #2)i receive a confirmation call from E* to confirm my appointment, YES!!
I get home that evening only to be greeted with yet another cancellation notice, and a HD-Super bowl Party which will now be broadcast via the usual crappy SD broadcast.

By now there's no way I'm wasting any more vacation days, and management's time requesting time off for satellite installations of all things. I calmly ask the CSR if it's possible to have the installer call me 15 minutes before he arrived at my home (I'm 4 miles from work). The CSR assures me that it will be noted in his work order, and not to worry, cool.

Now in light of all that's happened, do you think the installer ever called me?
Nope.....

Thats why I do all my installs... only sys that was installed was my first c-band back in the hand crank days with an 120 degree lna. Since have put in a 2nd C- band with dish, direct tv , dish, dish500 and then the extra 2 dishes for the sides. ( I bought the directs originally for camping and have used tripods board etc for dish mounts in the early days, have done the equavalent of at least 2 installs of D* or E* for the last 6 years):) besides I was burglurized 20 years ago, that makes you not want to let anyone you do not know onto your property.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts