I'm getting closer. I can smell the FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ussexplroer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
So after sitting down inside. I figure I guess I cannot read a compass. When I told the motor to goto 121. It is still about X degrees off to hit 121. Got to tap the west button a few times. So I figure what I'm thinking I'm hitting 113 for my true south must be like 110 or something. So tommorow I'll try again. I did get satmex 5 for about a split second then couldn't find it again.

Later,

josh

whats your longitude ?

find the sat closes to your longitude, tell the receiver to goto that sat, and aim the dish. dont tell the dish to goto 0 and aim.

Yea, I'll do that THanks

Well that would probably explain it. I was trying at zero. I'll tell it 113 and go from there. Probably hit it dead on then. Thanks.

I was thinking of doing that the other day. But I was still trying to sortof figure out usals. Sometimes it seems to not work or something.

Short cable to motor and such. But when it does work. It works great.

later,

Josh

Use USALS (GoToX) to drive the motor to 121, then physically rotate the motor on the mounting mast mount and/or increase/decrease the Dish Elevation Angle until the Signal Quality is peaked. DO NOT use the manual motor buttons or the DiSEqC 1.2 bump feature to move the motor into position after using the USALS (GoToX) function.

Yea I think something is up

Yea. I thinking something is up with the satpros dsr-500. sometimes it moves and sometimes it does not. When it seems to work. It works well. i think it is because I keep messing around or I'm missing something. Though I reviewed the instructions and manual. Like today the elevation seems to be off to line up for 121. Though on a better note. I did get my 10.00 ebay purchase of a viacast MSR 1500 receiver tested okay. Shows all channels encrypted execpt for the congrats you got a super dish. LOL. Just wish it came with a remote. But for 10.00 you can't beat that. That was mostly shipping. came out like 10.99. .99 was for the receiver. Also I did think bumping c ould be wront. But for a while. If I stuck in 118 instead of 121. Figured it I moved it over a little. It would be correct. But no. then needed to adjust the elevation. So not sure what to think. Might must be the analog meter. Since to get picture on 121. The signal was not peaked on the analog. Well by the time I got done messing with everything. I'm off again. Did straighten the post up better. So now it is like 100% level. Tried for a few different ones besides 121 with not luck. Assume it is the stronger signal. Oh well I won't give up hope.

laters,

Josh

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)