Im going to freak without a DVR soon. How about your!

iceshark

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 10, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Just wanted to vent. I really want to cancel my dish but love the PVR even though thiers sucks compared to my old Ultimate tv with D.

I really neeeeeddd a DVR VOOMIN fix!

If it doesnt come soon, I will see if REplay or Tivo works with Voom.

Also I home my lease isnt like 30.00 a month plus service for DVR for Voom.
Another Voom forum has leaked that price rumor.
I just think that would be crazzzzyyy! ;)

I agree. I had Time Warner's DVR service since it launched a year and half ago. It really spoils you. But, it is the only thing I miss about Time Warner. I would go and buy a TiVo/ReplayTV, but it seems like a waste of money since Voom's DVR seems to be right around the corner. I just hope it's affordable. I was renting Time Warner's DVR. It was $7.95 a month for the box and then $4.95 for the service.

Me too, I am freaking so bad I have the SD DirecTiVo back in the living room, I made it like 5 days without. It is simply too hard to watch what you want to watch with "nothing on" TV as it is nowadays!

With D7S in the air rumore are flying about HD programming, I plan to give it the summer. If come football season there is no DVR I am bound to get an HD Tivo from D* and just bite the bullet!

iceshark said:
If it doesnt come soon, I will see if REplay or Tivo works with Voom.
ReplayTV works with it in SD. I have a 4080 running at home right now. You need a Windows box on the same ethernet running WiRNS to grab the Voom program listings from Zap2It.com. Works fine including locals.

I've posted elsewhere about this as well, but i actually use a spare PC running SageTV with a WinTV-PVR 250 video card. Seems to work pretty good, just not great for flipping channels... and it's SD only of course... but the SD recording quality is outstanding.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts