I'm having a little problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

James leandre

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 25, 2007
26.4 N, 81.4 W
I'm using a Coolsat 6000,Fortecstar 31", and SG2100 motor.
My latitude is 26.2N, and 81.2 W. I used AMC 5 (79W), and
TP frequency 12189 to lock in to that satellite. I got a quality of 90
percent, and then blind scanned. I then moved it using the motorized menu to IA5 (95 W) . I had no quality. I have the dish installled in the wall. The mast and mount is leveled , and I locked into my TS Satellite which is AMC 5 (79W), but when I move it to another satellite, I get nothing. Can someone help me?

I'm using a Coolsat 6000,Fortecstar 31", and SG2100 motor.
My latitude is 26.2N, and 81.2 W. I used AMC 5 (79W), and
TP frequency 12189 to lock in to that satellite. I got a quality of 90
percent, and then blind scanned. I then moved it using the motorized menu to IA5 (95 W) . I had no quality. I have the dish installled in the wall. The mast and mount is leveled , and I locked into my TS Satellite which is AMC 5 (79W), but when I move it to another satellite, I get nothing. Can someone help me?
Make sure that you have motored to 79W with your receiver/motor before you do the final alignment by turning the whole motor/dish assembly on the mast. This will get you lined up with the arc for the rest of the satellites. SatelliteAV has a good manual (see attched PDF) for setting up a motor with a Mercury II - don't know which receiver you have - but the theory is the same for the motor setup with any receiver.
Bob

Attachments

• Install_Mercury_Motor.pdf
    244.6 KB · Views: 573
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)