I'm looking forward to the uplink report tonight

How

So how do these local HD upgrades normally go. Will I just flip on the TV tomorrow and see an HD channel next to the SD channel. Were in Cedar Rapids and we are also on the list for tomorrow.

Jason

Ok two questions then.

I have a 1000.2 pointed at 110, 118 and 129 so I think I should be looking at the right places.

Second. Will my SD TV still get local channels. I'm assuming the receivers must down convert.

I'm really hoping that dish will bring on our HD channels tonight. One of our local stations did their analog shutdown today at noon and moved their digital signal from UHF back to VHF and now I'm having trouble picking it up OTA.

Jason

Dont expect to wake up and expect to see them turned on in the morning.

Normally most uplinks dont happen until the afternoon, and in addition while uplinked sometimes stations do not become "officially" available until Thursday. (I.e. its not listed as available in CSR's computers until Thursday)

Dont expect to wake up and expect to see them turned on in the morning.

Normally most uplinks dont happen until the afternoon, and in addition while uplinked sometimes stations do not become "officially" available until Thursday. (I.e. its not listed as available in CSR's computers until Thursday)
Hey Scott, no podcast this week? :hungry:

Ok two questions then.

I have a 1000.2 pointed at 110, 118 and 129 so I think I should be looking at the right places.

Second. Will my SD TV still get local channels. I'm assuming the receivers must down convert.

I'm really hoping that dish will bring on our HD channels tonight. One of our local stations did their analog shutdown today at noon and moved their digital signal from UHF back to VHF and now I'm having trouble picking it up OTA.

Jason

did you try rescanning for the local again, when they move it you have to rescan

did you try rescanning for the local again, when they move it you have to rescan

Yea I did that and I can see the new channel but where as all the UHF channels are around 90 to 100% signal strength the VHF channel that our local moved to is coming it at about 11%. I have a combo UHF/VHF antenna but I guess the VHF side doesn't work as well. I tried to adjust the VHF rabbit ears part but it messed up the UHF side. I've been following the discussion over at avsforum for my local DMA and a lot of people are having issues.

What time does uplink report usually happen?

My "move" to Atlanta is no longer working due to me being just outside the spotbeam. I'm in Albany, Ga and sit right in the middle of spotbeam 51. I've seen Tallahassee and Savannah on some list saying they would have HD locals either this week or next. Really just need ABC and CBS in HD as I get NBC and Fox OTA just fine. Anybody know anything about what networks both of these markets will have in HD once they are live? Also, any confirmation on a date for Tally and Savannah?

Doubt you will see anything tonight. Most of the night work is for extreme channel moves and transponder changes such as bringing a new spotbeam satellite online. Like Scott said most of the regular uplinks are on Wednesday afternoon...and lately they have been running late with all the changes.

You all are optimistic. I'm expecting a big mess tomorrow. Dish didn't even get Wilmington right, and that was only one market. A good chunk of stations across the country are shutting off analog broadcasts tonight. I expect Dish and Direct to drop the ball on quite a few of them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)