I'm looking forward to the uplink report tonight

Uplinked?

Click Here for the recap... :)

If they are being uplinked; why do they delay turning them on the downlink? Does anyone have clue as to what makes them decide which markets are more privileged than others?
Where are spotbeam maps of 129? Don't seem to find them on the Echostar knowledge base.

Last edited:
well lets see

-transponder space
-market (ie: how many sat customers are in that market)
-do they have signed agreements with all of stations?

these are just examples

yes

well lets see

-transponder space
-market (ie: how many sat customers are in that market)
-do they have signed agreements with all of stations?
these are just examples
transponder space

It's already assigned to a spotbeam.

market (ie: how many sat customers are in that market)

In this area large amount. D* only carries 2 of the big 4. Boy when D* says they have the locals they don't tell customers how many. Been many a call when are they gonna carry the station. DMA isn't in the top 100 but is one of the largest in TX. area wise. Lots of mts and large numbers can only get it via cable or sat. 85% have to have it on cable or sat because they can't get it any other way.

do they have signed agreements with all of stations?

They have agreements since they already carry all on SD.

these are just examples

Yeah I know and these are just examples of the answers. I may call our uplink and find out if they have any more info. (that's not an example, cause if the station is down for about 30 secs we get called).

This Morning

I looked this morning and the Cedar Rapids Locals were not in HD yet. I hope they come today while I'm at work.

The OP shouldn't expect to see the HD channels in the morning but probably has a pretty good expectation of waking up. :)

Mario

well, yes i woke up (another good day :D) , and thanks to scott, i wasn't expecting them this morning...

I sheepishly :eek: thought (because i have never had a local hd launch before) like all the other overnight changes it would happen overnight.

Same here. I just sort of assumed that it would happen overnight. No HD locals, yet.

I live in the Champaign/Springfield/Decatur IL DMA, and we're on the Feb 18th list for HD locals per that retailer chat. I checked this morning before work too, and nothing has changed. Same SD locals as yesterday. NBD, I've been waiting for my HD locals via Dish for over a year now, so I can wait a few more hours/days. ;)

The HD channel will replace the SD channel.
Isn't that a setting in the receiver's options ? It may replace it in the mapped-down area, but we'll still get the SD channels. In Dayton's case, the 74xx channels will remain while the HD channels are in the 52xx range (and mapped down to 2, 7, 22, and 45).

You all are optimistic. I'm expecting a big mess tomorrow. Dish didn't even get Wilmington right, and that was only one market. A good chunk of stations across the country are shutting off analog broadcasts tonight. I expect Dish and Direct to drop the ball on quite a few of them.

Well here in Cincinnati they did a test and turned off analog TV for 15 min. and Dish did not blink and I got the Digital broadcast just like the analog broadcast.
In Wilmington in the story I read the problem was the folks had the converter boxes because they had no idea how to set them up.
The city fathers had to send the fire dept around to help out the people who could not read the instruction manuals it was not a Dish problem.

With other HD channels, we still get both the HD and SD versions. I'm thinking like CNN, TWC, HBO, etc, etc, etc. So I don't see why locals would be any different. And yes, I agree with Hall - there is a setting that has to do with local HD's. I think it's whether the Dish HD Locals override the SD locals or if both are displayed.

Not that I'd ever want to watch the SD locals anymore when I eventually get the HD feeds, but I'd think that we would still get the SD channels. I'm sure there's someone here that gets their locals in HD via Dish that can chime in.

Isn't that a setting in the receiver's options ? It may replace it in the mapped-down area, but we'll still get the SD channels. In Dayton's case, the 74xx channels will remain while the HD channels are in the 52xx range (and mapped down to 2, 7, 22, and 45).
nope. didn't change a thing. when they switched them on, the SD versions were gone.

The HD channel will replace the SD channel.
That depends on the arc. EA custs are in markets already supplied by HD locals. They get HD only but in the 4 major nets. Some markets have 5 or 6. Those on WA will still see ,as they do here, locals in both HD and SD.
That is according to what I am seeing here. New connects are getting EA only. Upgrades and NLOS to EA are getting WA with SD and HD locals.

Dont expect to wake up and expect to see them turned on in the morning.

Normally most uplinks dont happen until the afternoon, and in addition while uplinked sometimes stations do not become "officially" available until Thursday. (I.e. its not listed as available in CSR's computers until Thursday)
Scott, I would recommend that customers in these areas run a check switch. This should force a program guide download. After that, the HD locals should appear. That is provided the customer has the proper dish and receiver(s).
For all who do not know how to run a check switch.
Menu then 6 ,sytem setup 1, installation, then 1 again point dish . Look for the check switch or "test". Hilite that and press "select".
Once the check switch is complete, press "view live tv" or "view" on the remote.
The receiver will acquire signal then most likely download a new program guide.
In any event , the receiver will take a software download at 3 am(provided the factory setting has not been changed) at tha point the HD locals should appear.

Interesting. I just went and looked at dishnetwork.com and only two of my locals are listed in HD where as in the uplink report I saw that they had all 4. I wonder if I'm only getting a couple of my channels in HD.

Interesting. I just went and looked at dishnetwork.com and only two of my locals are listed in HD where as in the uplink report I saw that they had all 4. I wonder if I'm only getting a couple of my channels in HD.
Don't expect to see all (4). Dish can uplink channels but it doesn't mean we'll get them. They are probably talking to the other two channels still, trying to work out a deal, and if it happens, it's literally "flip the switch" and they're on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)