I'm moving - couple of questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

chibul

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 21, 2007
Not scheduling until tomorrow (we close tomorrow morning, and take possession in two weeks, but my realtor seems to think we'll get possession early, so I'm waiting to schedule installation), but have a couple of questions:

#1.) The DirecTV website says to just leave the dish behind. We live at an apartment. What happens to the dish? Do they just leave it there for anyone to take/use? I only ask because a friend of mine is looking for another dish...is it considered the property of whomever? I just find it hard to believe DirecTV would just give up their dish....but I could be wrong.

#2.) Are there any moving promotions, deals, incentives that they give?

they hope the new tennant will see the dish and call directv.

you can give it to your friend, or keep for a backup.

there is 3 months free starz & showtime after you finish your move.

I am not sure what the commitment requirement is after the move, but I think its one year or your current contract if longer.

only one free move per year.

Make sure to use the Mover's connection phone number.
It's on the website, they for some reason can be picky about that.
I once referred a friend and was told neither get the deal because they didn't call the particular number to sign up, one that no one knew anything about.

My friend signed up and then called D* about the referral with all the proper account numbers and such, what a hassle that was.

Jimbo

Not scheduling until tomorrow (we close tomorrow morning, and take possession in two weeks, but my realtor seems to think we'll get possession early, so I'm waiting to schedule installation), but have a couple of questions:

#1.) The DirecTV website says to just leave the dish behind. We live at an apartment. What happens to the dish? Do they just leave it there for anyone to take/use? I only ask because a friend of mine is looking for another dish...is it considered the property of whomever? I just find it hard to believe DirecTV would just give up their dish....but I could be wrong.

#2.) Are there any moving promotions, deals, incentives that they give?

Appt. Take that dish with you and pack it up.

Directv will send a letter addressed to new resident at your old address, and offer them a deal to sign up. I don't know if they consider that they own the dish, but they offer the "Movers Program" free of charge to you, and hope that they will pick up a new customer using your old dish. If I were you, I would just check with them about whether or not you can give the dish to your friend of not, if your friend doesn't have Directv, perhaps you could use the "refer a friend" program and get the 50.00 rebate.

Status
Please reply by conversation.