I'm new to this and I have a question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

STLProgrammer

Original poster
Sep 26, 2009
Missouri
Hi all, I am a novice at electronics and a beginner at forums so please bear with me. This forum seemed like it had a lot of smart people on it so I decided to join and post my question here.

I got DirecTV back in the '90s for NFL Sunday Ticket and have enjoyed it ever since. Well, this year I found out I had to upgrade my receiver in order to watch NFL Sunday Ticket. Ok, I got the receivers (2 for the house), set them up and activated them with no problem.

In 1 room I have a receiver with a Panasonic TV and a Mitsubishi VCR. In the other room I have a Panasonic TV (HDTV Flat screen Monitor CT-32HX42F) and a combination VCR/DVD player (Panasonic PV-D4752). I can't get either remote to talk to anything but the receivers.

I have spent maybe 4 hours on the phone with DirecTV today trying every code they could come up with and many codes multiple times, I went through there code search on both TVs, I tried Google and tried every remote code that I could find for any Panasonic TV and nothing has worked.

At this point I'm just trying to get the Flat Screen TV programmed into the remote. Does anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on?

(These were the instructions I followed for trying a code. Set the remote to TV, then held down mute and select at the same time, then type in the code, then hit the power button, if the TV goes off you're done. My TV never did anything for any code I tried.)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ray
(Java Programmer in St. Louis.)

Send all questions in a PM to Msmith198025. He is the resident know-it-all. Be sure to ask nicely when addressing his "greatness".

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts