Im not buying all this hype about Directv HD.

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Would E* drop Voom (or some Voom channels) for the new networks? I'll bet there are some thought-provoking strategic conversations going on at E* right now.

This could be a contract issue with the Voom channels, so they may or may not be able to do what you said.

Jimbo

First is in April, if I remember correctly, second in the fall.

Jimbo

From what I saw, Spaceway 3 is going in May timeframe (its and in orbit spare right?) and DirecTV 10 and 11 are both rescheduled for "summer" (june or july). I believe 10 was pushed back a few months, but was supposed to be march/april.

From what I saw, Spaceway 3 is going in May timeframe (its and in orbit spare right?) and DirecTV 10 and 11 are both rescheduled for "summer" (june or july). I believe 10 was pushed back a few months, but was supposed to be march/april.

Spaceway3 is for the EXCLUSIVE use of HUGHES for its broadband offerings - it will absolutely NOTHING to do with/for DirecTV.

No when DirecTV got sold to News Corp SW3 was not part of that deal; DirecTV-12 is supposed to be the on-ground spare.

No when DirecTV got sold to News Corp SW3 was not part of that deal; DirecTV-12 is supposed to be the on-ground spare.

Witch 2 sats are going up for D*'s TV use ?
I can never remember which numbers they are anymore, theres too mant to keep track of.

I had heard one was going up in April and probably be lit up in May.

Jimbo

SW3 was originally a ground spare/backup for SP1 and 2. Now that both are ok SW3 can be used for other things.

DirecTV 10 and 11 are going up this year and both are KA sats to be used at 99 and 103.

I'm with you Claude, I totaly agree.

More to the hype according to D*... HD lite is fine and customers should be satisfied with it... period.. end of discussion... "We D* no better" than customers...:confused:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?p=777355#post777355

Holy agenda batman!

One E* sub puts his spin on what D* guy says and the other E* sub talks about how depressing it is!

Ive been pretty even keel on this D* vs E* battle. For the most part I ignore the trolls but in this case someone really has to point and shout "the emperor has no clothes."

Maybe its D* envy but I cant put my finger on it. Two providers both with huge HD issues. One has a commitment to sports packages ie NFL ST and local RSN's. One is dedicated to VOOM (not my cup o' tea, but some people may hate sports so who am I to judge.) Both providers announce nothing at CES '07. Both have spotty DVR's and questionable HD quality.

Yet the E* shill tip toes in and tries to stir the pot.

Is there a way, on my settings, that I can ignore a poster is obviously a troll, or an idiot, and really brings nothing to the table other than the same old same old tiring anti D* infomercial. I mean if it becomes obvious to me that someone is on the E* payroll and is paid to make disparaging remarks about E*'s competitiors, can I click on that persons logo or screen name and ignore that person.

Its like a guy who owns an Escalade bad mouthing the gas mileage someone in a Navigator gets, month after month after month. Bottom line is they both have issues. I come here for solutions and information. I dont need to read about jargon and spin from an E* shill.

The only real difference I can see between the two companies is that one has a plan and one doesn't!

Holy agenda batman!

One E* sub puts his spin on what D* guy says and the other E* sub talks about how depressing it is!

Ive been pretty even keel on this D* vs E* battle. For the most part I ignore the trolls but in this case someone really has to point and shout "the emperor has no clothes."

Maybe its D* envy but I cant put my finger on it. Two providers both with huge HD issues. One has a commitment to sports packages ie NFL ST and local RSN's. One is dedicated to VOOM (not my cup o' tea, but some people may hate sports so who am I to judge.) Both providers announce nothing at CES '07. Both have spotty DVR's and questionable HD quality.

Yet the E* shill tip toes in and tries to stir the pot.

Is there a way, on my settings, that I can ignore a poster is obviously a troll, or an idiot, and really brings nothing to the table other than the same old same old tiring anti D* infomercial. I mean if it becomes obvious to me that someone is on the E* payroll and is paid to make disparaging remarks about E*'s competitiors, can I click on that persons logo or screen name and ignore that person.

Its like a guy who owns an Escalade bad mouthing the gas mileage someone in a Navigator gets, month after month after month. Bottom line is they both have issues. I come here for solutions and information. I dont need to read about jargon and spin from an E* shill.

The only real difference I can see between the two companies is that one has a plan and one doesn't!

Yes you can put someone on your "ignore list". Go to the left side top of this or any other page and click on "Your Account" That will bring up a list of options and one of those options is your "ignore list". Simply type in the name of the poster you wish to ignore and follow instructions to put it into effect. "Ignore"s a great feature on this forum. :)

The 4 are:
Spaceway1 (Ka band/launched/operational)
Spaceway2 (Ka band/launched/operational)
DirecTV10 (awaiting launch)
DirecTV11 (awaiting launch)

DirecTV 9s was launched a while back and been involved in some changes; the last I have is:

Adopted: July 21, 2006 Released: July 21, 2006

By the Chief, Satellite Division, International Bureau:

By this Order, we authorize DIRECTV Enterprises, LLC (DIRECTV) to launch and operate DIRECTV 9S, a Geostationary Satellite Orbit (GSO) satellite which will contain a Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) space station and a Fixed Satellite Service (FSS) Ka-band space station, at the 101.10º W.L. orbital location.

1.The DBS space station of the DIRECTV 9S satellite will be collocated at the nominal 101º W.L. orbital location with the DIRECTV 1R, DIRECTV 4S, and DIRECTV 8 satellites, where it will continue to provide national and local-into-local programming to DIRECTV subscribers, and will also provide redundancy for DIRECTV’s existing DBS satellites. We conclude that granting DIRECTV’s application for the DBS space station on the proposed DIRECTV 9S satellite is in the public interest because it will result in increased efficiency and capacity for DIRECTV’s DBS satellite system which will allow DIRECTV to improve its service offerings to consumers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)