Status
Please reply by conversation.

itherrkr

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2006
Nampa, ID
HR20 Ordering Questions

So, I am thinking os getting an HR20. Anybody know what the lead time is when purchasing to actually getting one these days? Interested in the lead time from D* and a third party such as Sadoun?

Last edited:
So, I am thinking os getting an HR20. Anybody know what the lead time is when purchasing to actually getting one these days? Interested in the lead time from D* and a third party such as Sadoun?

I asked for one a month and a half ago and still have yet to hear about it.

Some get it quicker but apparently not me

i had problems going through custumer service but then registered online and got a call the next day. it got scheduled 1 week later but that was during the holiday. could have been faster i guess. my opinion of custumer service isnt really great.

HR20-700 rec'd today and installed it myself. Maybe you can ask them to simply send it directly and not go through an installer. Total time from upgrade request to arrival was 5 days (2 of which were federal holidays)

I'm planning on ordering a HR20-700 via the website, but I have one question. They state that professional installation is "highly recommended." If I already have the 5lnb dish and 2 runs of RG6 where I want to put it, is there any reason I can't install it myself?

You guys that are ordering it online, are you getting it for 299 or for the discounted 199?

I want one before HEROs starts back up.

You guys that are ordering it online, are you getting it for 299 or for the discounted 199?

I want one before HEROs starts back up.

Not to rub it in, but I got mine free as a replacement/upgrade for my HR10-250 (HDTivo). It was part of the Protention Plan.

HR20-700 rec'd today and installed it myself. Maybe you can ask them to simply send it directly and not go through an installer. Total time from upgrade request to arrival was 5 days (2 of which were federal holidays)

I do not think that they will send them out direct, the reason they are insisting on the installer doind it, is because you would also want to get the AT-9 installed as well, if you do not have it already and you cannot buy that at your local BB or CC with the receiver.

jimbo

I'm planning on ordering a HR20-700 via the website, but I have one question. They state that professional installation is "highly recommended." If I already have the 5lnb dish and 2 runs of RG6 where I want to put it, is there any reason I can't install it myself?

Seeing you ALREADY have the AT-9, the installation is no problem , just like other receivers , except you DO want your 2 coax lines for the DVR funtionallity and make sure you put the B Band Convertors on, you'll need them when the new sats go up.

Jimbo

FYI, I called me 2 days ago and they had some in stock

Yet, they never called me to inform me that.

My installation date is this friday for the HR20

I am excited yet worried it may be a bad one with tons of problems

FYI, I called me 2 days ago and they had some in stock

Yet, they never called me to inform me that.

My installation date is this friday for the HR20

I am excited yet worried it may be a bad one with tons of problems

Don't worry, Give it time to get use to it, see how you like it, if you have questions ...ask.

There are a ton that are working fine, you only hear about the ones that are not.

I have had very few problems, a few but nothing I could not handle.

Jimbo

I do not think that they will send them out direct, the reason they are insisting on the installer doind it, is because you would also want to get the AT-9 installed as well, if you do not have it already and you cannot buy that at your local BB or CC with the receiver.

jimbo

Well, they did send it and we did discuss the AT-9 dish install prior to them shipping it, but since my market is #100 (Charleston, SC), we are not scheduled to be HD-LIL until mid-2007 at the earliest. No need for the AT-9 at this time. Plus I am close enough to get all my networks OTA, so therefore I may not need the AT-9. Of course a lot depends on which sat's will carry the 150 CONUS HD feeds. If I need one then, I will arrange for the $50 install/upgrade.

Also, I think I failed to mention this earlier, but since my Tivo was owned and not leased, they transferred the ownership of this new HR20 to me and did not require a lease or extended commitment. I didn't ask them about this prior to shipment, but found out when I called to activate the new access card.

Seeing you ALREADY have the AT-9, the installation is no problem , just like other receivers , except you DO want your 2 coax lines for the DVR funtionallity and make sure you put the B Band Convertors on, you'll need them when the new sats go up.

Jimbo

I installed my own AT9 -- it wasn't THAT big of a deal. Sure, it was harder then the original pizza dish, but it was easier than building my shed. If you are not 'handy' or bad with Ikea furniture construction, then yeah, don't attempt a dish install. If the At9 is already up though, then I unless you are bad with taking things out of a box and plugging them in, it shouldn't be too much trouble.

After a month of finally be able to order one (1/12) I have to wait until April to get it installed. What a way to run a business!

would it be better to order the HR20 through DTV or just buy it straight out from best buy or ebay?

would it be better to order the HR20 through DTV or just buy it straight out from best buy or ebay?

If you are a current customer, in good standing with them, you should try ordering it directly from D*. You could get a good offer. But the wait for an install will still be there. I ordered one from D*, and have to wait until the end of February to get it installed. Yet, I saw a CC add in todays paper, for guaranteed installs by Super Bowl, on all orders placed before 1/28.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)