Im Now getting Sirius

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
On my 721 beta unit tonight I was surprised to come home and find all the Sirius Channels active on my unit.

It appears most if not all of Sirius's music channels are available. There are NO Sirius Talk Channels.

Some channels have Music Time and Artist on the screen. (For example on Siri 6001 (Sirius Hits One) it displays as follows...

When I'm Gone
3 Doors Down

SIRIUS HITS 1
Top 40 Hits

Most of the channels however at this time says "Music artist / title info not available"

Something does seem to be wrong with the Title Displays though as I watch the display it flickers between song titles and artist names, showing a song which is not playing, then changing back to the correct title again (then back to the bogus title) etc...

Hows the sound? It's hard to say, I am only listening through my TV. When I get a chance I will unplug my Dolby Digital Cable from my VOOM box and plug it in my 721.

I should note that many of the channels on Sirius are UNCENSORED. While flipping through the channels, I heard a few lyrics that may concern some parents.

Here is a list of what I am seeing from Sirius on Dish...

6001 Sirius Hits 1 - Top 40 Hits
6002 StarLite - Lite Pop Hits
6003 Sirius Love - Love Songs
6004 Movin' Easy - Easy Listening Hits
6005 Sirius Gold - '50s & '60s Hits
6006 '60s Vibrations - '60s Hits
6007 Totally '70s - '70s Hits
6008 Big '80s - '80s Hits
6009 The Pulse - The 90s & Now
6010 The Bridge - Mellow Rock
6011 Kids Stuff - Kids Music & More
6012 Spirit - Christain Hits
6014 Classic Vinyl - '60s & '70s Rock
6015 Classic Rewind - Classic Rock
6016 The Vault - Deep Cuts Classic Rock
6017 Jam_ON - Jam Bands
6018 Spectrum - Singer-Songwriter Rock
6019 Buzzsaw - Classic Hard Rock
6020 Octane - High-Powered Hard Rock
6021 Alt Nation - Alternative Rock
6022 First Wave - Classic Alternative
6023 Hair Nation - '80s Classic Rock
6024 Sirius Disorder - Free-Form Rock
6026 Left of Center - College-Indie Rock
6027 Hard Attack - Heavy Metal
6028 Fation - Rock/Hip Hops / Punk Mix
6029 Sirius Blues - Classic Blues
6030 Reggae Rhythams - Reggae Music
6031 New Country - Todays' Country Hits
6032 Prime Country - '80s & '90s Country
6035 The Roadhouse - Classic Country
6036 Outlaw Country - Renegades & Rogues
6039 Bluegrass - Bluegrass Music
6040 Hip-Hop Nation - Raw, Uncut Hip-Hop
6042 Wax - Hip-Hop Mixes and Remixes
6043 Back Spin - Old Skool Rap
6044 Hot Jamz - Hip Hop & R&B Hits
6052 Heart & Soul - R&B Hits
6053 Soul Revue - Classic Soul & Motown
6054 Praise - Gospel Music
6062 Remix - Non Stop Dance Club Mix
6063 Planet Dance - Mainstream Dance
6064 Chill - Smooth Electronica
6066 The Beat - Dance Hits
6068 The Strobe - Classic Disco
6070 Planet Jazz - Contemporary Jazz
6071 Jazz Cafe - Smooth Jazz
6072 Pure Jazz - Classic Jazz
6073 Swing Street - Swing Bands
6075 Standard Time - Classic Vocalists
6077 Broadway's Best - Broadway Musicals
6080 Symphony Hall - Symphonic Classical
6085 Classical Voices - Operas
6086 Sirius Pops - Classical Favorites

So there are 57 Channels from Sirius available. I believe Dish said they were going to carry 61 channels, so there may be more coming. :)

I will post more after I play around and listen for awhile.

I am listening to the Big 80's Channel, and they have a sweeper come on between songs that says "Your listening to Americas First and ONLY commercial free 24 hours 80's Stations, the Big 80's on Sirius Satellite Radio"

Guess they haven't caught wind of the fact that XM is also commerical free and broadcasts 24/7.

So far I am thinking Sirius is too canned sounding for my liking. I have heard no DJ's yet.

Ok finally heard a DJ (Or Stream Jockey as Sirius Calls them) you could tell it was Voicetracked. And while it is Voicetracked it was good hearing a human voice, I was starting to think I was listening to a MP3 jukebox.

Ok, I took some screen shots of Sirius on my 721.

Nothing special really.

I do wish they would carry the Sirius Preview Channel, as it tells you where all the special shows are happening and it could be used as a sales vechical for Dish Subscribers, when they say, "Now on Sirius live 5 NFL Football games - Can hear then, then you need to Get Sirius today!"

Shot 1 below is the Sirius Channels listed in my guide
Shot 2 below is the artist information shown on the screen.

And Shot 3 is what a music channel looks like on VOOM. I am disapointed that the Sirius Channels on Dish don't look as good.

Attachments

• sirius1.jpg
    sirius1.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 2,801
  • sirius2.jpg
    sirius2.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 1,429
  • musicchoice.jpg
    musicchoice.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,985
Sirius uplinked to 119° now...seriously

Looks like Dish has uplinked the Sirius Music Channels (at least all but 6) to channels 6001-6099

They are all uplinked to 119° (somehow! using a gargantuan shoe-horn).

The 6 channels missing: World Beat, Reggae Rhythms, Kids Stuff, Universo Latino, Mxicana and Tropical. I'm REALLY disappointed that Tropical and World Beat are not there right now. I'm hoping against hope that they will be added sometime between now and when they launch on May 20.

See ya
Tony

TNGTony said:
They are all uplinked to 119° (somehow! using a gargantuan shoe-horn).

I don't know what its going to do to compression, but it looks like Dish is going with 8 or 9 video and 14-15 audio on a TP

TP20 has 9 video (NY big 4) & 14 audio (before Sirius was shoehorned in...they didnt add any to this TP)

GaryPen said:
I'd prefer the MP3 jukebox. The "DJ's" that I heard while listening through their website were loud and obnoxious. I prefer to just hear music.

So, there's a DJ (Or Stream Jockey) talking between each song ????? Even if it's only telling you that you're listening to Sirius, how friggin' annoying.
What I love about Dish's current music stations is that it's ALL music. I agree with Gary, I prefer the jukebox format.

How is this an improvement on what we have now?

Was it ever resolved whether this is in addition to or in lieu of the existing music channels?

the unique talk stations are the ones that really hold my interest. ever where I go, I can get some sort of music blared at me. Are they gonna add talk??

AJF said:
So, there's a DJ (Or Stream Jockey) talking between each song ????? Even if it's only telling you that you're listening to Sirius, how friggin' annoying.
What I love about Dish's current music stations is that it's ALL music. I agree with Gary, I prefer the jukebox format.

How is this an improvement on what we have now?

Actually the jocks are pretty cool, I've owned Sirius since last July. They have a good bunch of experienced former FM folks, at least on the channels I listen to. They are very brief in between say four or five songs in a row. JMO :D

Elvis Woods said:
Actually the jocks are pretty cool, I've owned Sirius since last July. They have a good bunch of experienced former FM folks, at least on the channels I listen to. They are very brief in between say four or five songs in a row. JMO :D

If it's not between every song, that should be less annoying.

I'm still trying to figure out what Charley has to gain in all this. I don't trust that anything that he does is for anyone's benefit but his own.

I have the 180 channel package and I am not getting those channels as of today.
I have the Dish 500 system. Why are some folks getting it and not others?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)