Im Now getting Sirius

Spent almost 10 years in the record business (WEA/CBS) doing sales & radio station promo. This was in the '70's. When FM was in it's prime. I'm not looking for MP3's, I want long playlist, I know I am showing my age but check out "The Loft, CH. 50) on XM, I hardly think this channel or many others on XM can be considered "Bargain Basement".

A Guy with 10,000+ LP's...

dtrose said:
I've got both XM and Sirius and have to say that Sirius may have more repetition but plays better quality music. If you like "Bargain Basement" type music then XM should be your choice.

I can't wait for the Sirius channels to become fully active.

Just so you can keep track of how often a song is played on Sirius, use this song search feature:

http://www.itsonsirius.com/search/search.php

Why can't they display some sort of "screen saver" like Windows media Player? White floating text is lame.

Scott Greczkowski said:
I do have XM (Infact I have 5 XM Radios!) and I love it. :D

I am disapointed with what I have heard so far on Sirius.

I also have XM for my PC. Overall, I like their music choices better. I do like the Sirius channel called Movin' Easy however. I emailed XM and asked them to have a similar channel. Probably never will but it can't hurt to ask.

Dish must not of liked me posting pictures of me getting Sirius on my 721 as of this morning they are gone from my guide. :(

I guess if you want more information on whats going on with the Sirius on Dish stuff you will need to read the other site where the hackers are still enjoying Sirius on Dish.

xm vs sirius

alright for those debating to get either service heres the lowdown and the best possible way to decided which one is best for you.xm has a great deep playlist sometimes too deep.they also offer pretty much all the news and talk sirius does minus the sports oh yea nascar. if you want to check out what they play and how often they play it go to xmfan.com and do title/artist search and thats probably the best way.sirius offers you a 3 day pass online were you can lsten to there streams live for 3 days (Muisc Only)sorry for all you talk guys.you can also check on itsonsirius.com and see what they play by your fav band or song what stream plays it and how often its played same as xms search feature pretty much.If you like sports go Sirius.Sirius's goal i think is to have alot of sports nba nfl nhl i think even soccer.ive had sirius for a year and they are a great service if you have dish you'll enjoy it.dont go off my opinion or any one else's go check out the playlists that fit you best.i like alot of indie and sirius plays more of my fav bands than xm does.but that doesnt mean xm is terrible its what fits you.

heatho said:
Why can't they display some sort of "screen saver" like Windows media Player? White floating text is lame.

I'm all for the simple white floating text. Much less abuse on my TV than a full screen solid graphic.

Then again, I don't listen to the music channels with the TV on.

Tidbit of info on one of the new presidents at Sirius:

"But with a Rolodex full of the numbers of financiers and Hollywood dealmakers, Greenstein could be a useful scout for possible strategic partnerships, acquisitions or new channels with which to bulk up Sirius' programming lineup while expanding its technology into new video as well as audio realms.

Greenstein believes there's considerable scope to expand traditional video-based entertainment into in-car audio services and believes the creative community is embracing the medium. "Music is obviously a big driver for us, but there's a big opportunity for enhanced programming serving niche audiences through new channels," said Greenstein."

I just know DISH is in the middle of all this.

http://tinyurl.com/2j3rq

justalurker said:
long_time_DNC said:
Same with my 811.
The channels should not be on the receivers of mere mortals until May 20th. NOT having them shown is normal. There are 9 million E* customers who cannot see the channels in the 6000 range.
Methinks us 811 owners will not get Sirius until we get P266. If I try to enter a "6000" address, I get to "600" and the 811 tries to tune in an unsubscribed International channel.

Well, okay, they'll show up in the Guide, but no direct entry until P266.

Foxbat said:
Methinks us 811 owners will not get Sirius until we get P266. If I try to enter a "6000" address, I get to "600" and the 811 tries to tune in an unsubscribed International channel.

Well, okay, they'll show up in the Guide, but no direct entry until P266.

Same thing here. Direct entry gets me an unsubsibed international channel. If direct entry doesn't work prior to P266, scrolling to/through the 6000's will be a drag... :(

Thanks for the tip!

Very cool, I wonder if Dish knows they are broadcasting it on 930?

I am listening to it now. It's weird to flip channel up or down and hear the sound quality difference between the mono channels and Sirius. :)

I got a call yesterday from a friend at Dish who tells me all the Sirius channels now have Artists and Title information. I am also told that it looks like Air America will not be coming to Dish as announced on the Air America website. (I guess Air America is not too stable and has a problem bouncing checks)

Also the looks of getting On-Q (The Gay and Lesbian Talk Channel) on Dish is also very dim.

I wish they would get the talk channel with the Pamela Anderson show. :)

I really believe the SQ is better through Dish than my home Sirius. Even my daughter "knows" it is. I gave her a blind test. As far as the talk streams, I need to use my Sirius Kenwood for something.

I agree, I find myself listening to the talk streams more and more, especially in the evenings. Sirius has pretty good original and rebroadcast talk programs.

justalurker said:
Interesting. 930 is being uplinked twice, once as AUD 8 and once as Sirius Hits 1 (also mirrored Channel 6001).

Are you hearing this on a normal receiver?

JL

I am receiving through a 921 that is as normal as they can be. I do subscribe to the All Everything PAckage. The DVR function is working on the Sirius feed just fine, I heard that recording Sirius was not going to be possible. I cannot receive the 6000 channels right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)