Im Now getting Sirius

Scott Greczkowski said:
Very cool, I wonder if Dish knows they are broadcasting it on 930?

I am listening to it now. It's weird to flip channel up or down and hear the sound quality difference between the mono channels and Sirius. :)

I can get channel 930 as Sirius Top 40 on my 921 but the guide sez its Piano and Guitar (mono).

Now on my 522 it still comes through as Piano and guitar music programming.

E* is so goofy.

Mark_AR said:
I can get channel 930 as Sirius Top 40 on my 921 but the guide sez its Piano and Guitar (mono).

Now on my 522 it still comes through as Piano and guitar music programming.

E* is so goofy.

Hmm.. 5000 and 6000 channel support software hasn't been pushed for the 5XX series , I think, that may be why. I'd check but Dish messed with the retailer site, so who the heck knows where to find anything.

Craig Henrikson said:
To follow up -- currently there are 61 or 62 Sirius radio feeds up on 119 degrees -- ALL FTA!!!! :D
Craig
Well... Isn't that speeeeeeeciiiiaaaallll.....

Now if someone would just tell E*.

I found out.. they're soon to be spooling 1.65 on 522's for 5k 6k support. Update on the 7th.. so you should have it already Mark.

Sirius_Rich said:
Dish Channel 930 broadcasting Sirius Hits 1 in surround sound right now. Sounds pretty darn good.

What does that mean? As opposed to just stereo? Can you turn on Dolby 5.1?

smooth28la said:
What does that mean? As opposed to just stereo? Can you turn on Dolby 5.1?

Sirius displayed the capability to play music in Dolby Digital at the Consumer Electronic Show in Vegas this year. Sirius is now broadcasting a limited amount of songs in that format. They are increasing the number every day is what I am told. For songs not in Dolby, the broadcast is full stereo.

FYI, the Sirius feed is direct fiber optic to DISH and then thru their birds to us with more bandwidth than Sirius' birds, so I have been told.

So you can be listening on one channel... one song would be Dolby digital.. the other one in stereo?

SO how are you supposed to set the receiver?

Have you compared the sound quality of Sirius from DISH to Sirius' home receiver?

smooth28la said:
So you can be listening on one channel... one song would be Dolby digital.. the other one in stereo?

SO how are you supposed to set the receiver?

Have you compared the sound quality of Sirius from DISH to Sirius' home receiver?

Yes, I tested both my Kenwood DT 7000S and the DISH feed. I blind tested 2 sets of teenaged ears. All agree that DISH sounds a little better. I suspect a little more bandwidth from DISH. I have my ONKYO 800 receiver set to NEO:Music. I think I can tell when a Dolby Digital song is played by the rear and middle Klipsch's picking up a little volume. I am just guessing. And Sirius is supposed to play a tone for the Dolby streams before they are played. I have not heard this yet.

I just checked with Sirius on the DD. It's not, but is Surround Sound when available. Sorry for the bad info earlier.

bcshields said:
I found out.. they're soon to be spooling 1.65 on 522's for 5k 6k support. Update on the 7th.. so you should have it already Mark.
I'm still at L 1.62 and my receiver resets every night. I'm figuring 'if' it spools, it will be in the next few days.

I know that Sirius will be on all recivers on the 20th. But I am woundering if the update to the recivers will be on the 12am hr of the 19th and 20th or if it will be at 12am on the 20th 21st.
Thanks

What's more likely is the support is being downloaded now (give or take). The 811's just got software a few days ago. 921's are expecting some soon. Dunno about others.

Then Charlie throws the switch and they show up in your guide.

OK, I have noticed on all 3 of my 301 recivers that when you type in 600 it waits for the last digit. Do you know if there is going to be any more update to the 301 on this software roll-out other than just putting the new channels on?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)