Im Now getting Sirius

Sky King49 said:
I have the 180 channel package and I am not getting those channels as of today.
I have the Dish 500 system. Why are some folks getting it and not others?

The stations are currently in FTA (Free to Air) mode and those with a FTA receiver can get them

BFG said:
The stations are currently in FTA (Free to Air) mode and those with a FTA receiver can get them

According to other reports, only channel 6001 is free to air right now. The rest aren't.

Elvis Woods said:
Actually the jocks are pretty cool, I've owned Sirius since last July. They have a good bunch of experienced former FM folks, at least on the channels I listen to. They are very brief in between say four or five songs in a row. JMO :D

On the rock stations I've listened to, they are loud, obnoxious, and annoying, like the Jimmy Fallon DJ character on SNL...
"WE'RE BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!"

I'd prefer only the music. That is all. Like listening to a good MP3 compilation. There shouldn't be any DJ's at all, nada, zip zilch, zero, not a single f-ing one.

Then again since it is radio----and primarily car radio this identifies the song and artist. Yes there is a tiny screen but hopefully most folks are watching the roaad while they drive and some others in the car cannot see that screen.

GaryPen said:
On the rock stations I've listened to, they are loud, obnoxious, and annoying, like the Jimmy Fallon DJ character on SNL...

I'd prefer only the music. That is all. Like listening to a good MP3 compilation. There shouldn't be any DJ's at all, nada, zip zilch, zero, not a single f-ing one.

You Can't have radio without personality. People like you just don't seem to get it

ROLLTIDE said:
You Can't have radio without personality. People like you just don't seem to get it

Chill, Rolltide. Variety is what makes the world go around. If we all liked the same kind of women, 90% of the men, would not have a woman. Wow, what a miserable world this would be.

GaryPen said:

That may be true, I listen mainly to Sirius Disorder, The Vault, Jam_On, Blues, Folktown, 1st Wave, I try to stay away from top 40, standard stuff. I like the SJ's.....They add character...IMO

Scott Greczkowski said:
Ok, I took some screen shots of Sirius on my 721.

Nothing special really.

I do wish they would carry the Sirius Preview Channel, as it tells you where all the special shows are happening and it could be used as a sales vechical for Dish Subscribers, when they say, "Now on Sirius live 5 NFL Football games - Can hear then, then you need to Get Sirius today!"

Shot 1 below is the Sirius Channels listed in my guide
Shot 2 below is the artist information shown on the screen.

And Shot 3 is what a music channel looks like on VOOM. I am disapointed that the Sirius Channels on Dish don't look as good.

The Music Choice channels in question are typically only streamed by Cableco's. I believe it's safe to say that Voom is displaying them (rather than the standard D* blank screen and white text) because A.) The Voom receiver, like it's digital cable counterpart, doesn't pick out the artist/song info from the stream like D*'s IRDs; and B.) Voom is owned by Cablevision and can probably leverage that fact to display the nice, full-featured MC channels that other, non-cable providers lack. I believe D* is the only non-cable provider that carries Music Choice aside from Voom.

When I had DirecTV most of my Music Choice channels looked like the VOOM Music Choice picture I posted.

I am wondering if when DirecTV got rid of Wink Interactive the also lost the Good Looking Music Choice displays.

XM vs Sirius

I've got both XM and Sirius and have to say that Sirius may have more repetition but plays better quality music. If you like "Bargain Basement" type music then XM should be your choice.

I can't wait for the Sirius channels to become fully active.

sblasl said:
I think all of you would have been much happier with XM's content & programming. I know I am. I use an XMPCR with digital optical output to my HT system. I also have an XMPCR with digital optical output on my Mac G5.

http://store.myradiostore.com/xmpcr.html

I can definitely say the same thing about Sirius, but know better. Music tastes are subjective. If you like sports and talk, XM does not come close to the Sirius programming. The Stream Jockeys all have their own personalities and you will learn to like them or not. Let’s just say Sirius is the real deal and the XM’ers better get used to it.

I have had Sirius for a year and absolutely love it. I have had DISH for 5 years and love it. I have had the 921 HD DVR since Christmas and love it, when it is not re-booting.

The eligible DISH subscribers are lucky to have Sirius streams. I have been assured by Sirius the SQ will be much better than current available music on Dish. There are about 1000 songs today that supports surround sound on the Sirius play list. More are added everyday.

As far as what is in it for Charlie, don’t know. It is a marketing agreement between Sirius/DISH/ Radio Shack. DISH subscribers will be offered discounts on Sirius hardware at a minimum. All details should be public knowledge after the Team Summit in Dallas on May 19-23.

:cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)