I’m sick of Dish

Jroad1

Original poster
Oct 30, 2021
West Virginia
I’m sick of Dish and their negotiation tactics, in carriage disputes. Last year I lost my local station for 6 weeks in the middle of the pandemic. Then, I lost MASN, the local sports network, and still haven’t gotten them back. Now CBS is gone. I’m remote in WV, and can’t get over the air stations. I do have good internet and can stream. What is a good streaming service that will give me local stations.? Thanks.

I think pretty much every streaming service out there that offers any local channel will have a feature on their website where you put in your Zip code and it will tell you which local channels you will get.

YouTube TV
Hulu TV
Sling
DirecTv's service
Fubo

There may be others so Google away!

Reactions: SandFarmer
I’m sick of Dish and their negotiation tactics, in carriage disputes. Last year I lost my local station for 6 weeks in the middle of the pandemic. Then, I lost MASN, the local sports network, and still haven’t gotten them back. Now CBS is gone. I’m remote in WV, and can’t get over the air stations. I do have good internet and can stream. What is a good streaming service that will give me local stations.? Thanks.
They should just pay whatever the station is asking for. I'm sure you won't mind your bill going up $20 a year because you will still have your channels.

No I wouldn’t mind 20.00 a year. I wonder how every other carrier reached an agreement without dropping their customers service
They raised their prices more. I also have Directv and I got an $9 increase and Dish was $5. I used to have Spectrum and they raised their prices about three times a year. I also had to pay Spectrum about $36 a month just to use their 12 year old dvrs with two tuners.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Reactions: Tampa8
These locals disputes are going to continue to get worse and worse. A majority of the local channel's revenue comes from retrans rights, and with the continuation of cord cutting they are going to try and keep the same revenue stream coming in from a smaller pool of subscribers.

They raised their prices more. I also have Directv and I got an $9 increase and Dish was $5. I used to have Spectrum and they raised their prices about three times a year. I also had to pay Spectrum about $36 a month just to use their 12 year old dvrs with two tuners.
Spectrum is great with price hikes and stoneage hardware!!! you can't call in and get promo's either you need to cancel something. then they will start snail mailing you like a desperate ex. And they could care less if you stopped there service!!!

Reactions: charlesrshell
If CBS isn't back on Dish by November 1, it's good bye Dish
Have you said anything to the actual company that pulled the channel off Dish?? Or are you just going to cry about the company that's basically at the mercy of these providers and looking out for the customer's best financial interests?

Truth is, I never got these swan song-type posts. You know it's not going to be back by Monday so I hope you've got your new service all setup

Truth is, I never got these swan song-type posts. You know it's not going to be back by Monday so I hope you've got your new service all setup
Honestly, I wish these posts were "I left 'X' provider for 'X' provider, here is the reason why and what I gained/lost for making the change".
Short, to the point, and gives others that may be considering changing service insight instead of just whining.

If CBS isn't back on Dish by November 1, it's good bye Dish
Just pay the ETF if one and leave already!!! with all of this crying and whing you could have a new provider!!! I'll agree with ethanlerma and post what you lost and gained by switching providers... we all know that dish has long blackouts!!! i got sick of spectrum and told em to kiss my AAA and left best choice ever!!! i gained double the channels for the same price and better dvr service!!!

Have you said anything to the actual company that pulled the channel off Dish?? Or are you just going to cry about the company that's basically at the mercy of these providers and looking out for the customer's best financial interests?

agree why bash the broadcaster??? there fighting for the customer!!! complain to the content owner..

I think pretty much every streaming service out there that offers any local channel will have a feature on their website where you put in your Zip code and it will tell you which local channels you will get.

YouTube TV
Hulu TV
Sling
DirecTv's service
Fubo

There may be others so Google away!
most of em offer free trials as well!!! so that might help the OP while there in the disputes

Talk about drinking the Kool-Aid. Dish could care less about your "best financial interests". They're looking out for THEIR best financial interest. They want to bring in the most money and pay the least they need to. No different than any person or any other business.

Reactions: AZ.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)