I'm sooooooo fed up with dish and Google TV that I can't see straight !!!!

cobalt

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 19, 2004
:mad: I was one of the original suckers the fell for the RCA and 811 dish network Hd combo pack years ago, so you would think that I would have know better. I place my original order for the revue about 3 weeks ago. They said it would ship 2day blue label, so after waiting 3 day with no revue in sight I called dish. They told me that they didn't have any revues in stock to ship and didn't know why the order was placed to begin with. They also deducted 54.00 from my revue payment to be applied to my dish network programing bill without my permission! I had to threaten to drop dish in order for them to fix the billing, cancel the (ghost) order, and credit my card for the amount of the revue. Oct. 28 a gent from conflict resolution calls me and asks if I still want the revue because he would ship it out 2 day blue label and I would receive it on Monday :) I took the bait again! Monday rolled around and no revue. So I call the conflict resolution gent and he still hasn't called me back. I call the regular dish number and find out that they have no tracking info on it and It should have shipped out on the 28th using ups's 7 to 10 day shipping method. WTF! Dish sure knows how to treat a customer that's been with them for over 10 years :(

As Bill Clinton used to say, "I feel your pain." I ordered one on 10/28/10, I was assured that it would come in 5 days. On Monday, 11/1/10 since there was still no tracking number I contacted them. I was told that it was scheduled to arrive Monday. Anyway, to make a long story short, it did not come yesterday, so I contacted the executive customer support team and was told the same spill that you were, that they were not in stock and they did not know when they would ship. I explained that they had charged my credit card $189.00 already and that I did not know why they did that since they did not know when I could expect it. I was told that that was "the way Dish Network did things" I said that if I order something from say, Sears, if it is not in stock ,they notify me and they give me an estimated date of arrival, and they DO NOT charge my credit card until it ships. I asked to cancel the order, and he would not do it, so I told him that that was OK I would contact my state Attorney General's consumer protection office, he said "fine." Then I asked to speak to a supervisor, he said "sure." After a wait, he came back and said that no supervisor was available, but that he could cancel the order and refund my credit card within five days. I told him to do that. Maybe it will work, we will have to wait and see I guess. Dish has excellent equipment, and I like their programming line up, but as far as stuff like this goes, I would cancel in a heartbeat if DirecTV had the better equipment and the programming I liked. I guess that with Dish, we just have to bend over and take it.

Hate to make this into another B & M session but I am having almost the identical experience.

One thing I wonder is where in the CSR manual does it say if the customer does not seem satisfied go ahead and just make something up. It amazes me that after talking or chatting for a few minutes including a couple or more "Please wait while I research this for you," they say something like I see in your account that it will ship today. Couldn't they see that right away?

I happen to have an appointment to have my dish repointed as I am not getting AMC HD scheduled for thisSunday. The CSR kept telling me I have an appt. He couldn't seem to understand that it had nothing to due with the Revue. After 10 mins he said "I seen in your account that it is scheduled to arrive on the same day as the appt." Now its a Sunday so clearly won't be delivered and why would an installer coming to reallign my Dish be bringing me the box. Also he said I should contact Dispatch and gave me the number, which of course, is the general Dish support number with no option to speak with that particular department.

None of them know what in the hell is going on, they just make it up as they go. I love it when they tell you the obvious, in one of the many chats on this issue they told me "I see you have already ordered the Logitech Revue" "I see it was ordered on 10/28/10" and that was right after I got through telling them that I had placed the order and on that date. I think that they must all share a brain and if you are the lucky customer, you get the one with the brain that day.

Was told it was shipping ups 2 day blue when i ordered last Thursday but nothing yet. Chat with csr Sunday night assured me it would be here Monday (yesterday) and now chat today states 3 more days but I will get it and it did ship. No one is able to give a tracking number. This is stupid. The billing program works as my CC has been charged and I now have a $4 fee monthly but not even a simple tracking number can be given. I was also told when I ordered there was NOT a yearly obligation for the $4 fee. I am glad my bill is not over $140 in these economic times! Replied to other thread too sorry for double posting.

Reading this part of me is kinda glad I don't have Dish and happy to have paid $120 more. A little communication goes a long way, what a miserable experience for customers trying to give a company more money. Mine was even defective and Logitech has replaced it for free in the time you guys have been trying to simply get what you ordered.

Geez Mike, calm down already... A few things:

1. DISH doesn't have a 7-10 day ship method
2. Your order shipped on Monday and should arrive tomorrow
3. Only 9 years
4. Be nicer when you call. It reads like you're hyperventilating.

Hmmm, another Mike. As for yours Ellerbe, it shows up tomorrow too.

Last edited:
Gent :),

1. Then the Dish CSRs need this information because this was the information they gave me.
2. Thanks, but dish needs to do a better job updating the my account section of the dish website.
3. So if I had been with dish for 10 years instead of 9 I would have received tracking information?
4. I've been nothing but kind to all the csr's that I've spoken with over the years at dish.

Thanks for the heads up on the delivery but delivering this information on a forum is a strange way to get it to me :)

Hmmm. True, but sometimes you just have to go with what works. :)

And yes, or even at nine and a half. :D

Thanks, I'll post again tomorrow when I receive it.

I tried to order some google tv boxes today to sell on the Dishstore.

Looks like they are delaying the launch of the product another 30 days.

It's already launched, you can get the same units Dish is shipping from Best Buy, Logitech, etc. This is just Dish not ready to handle selling or supporting the device if anything, unless debacles like these happen for other things like receivers and remotes.

If you are using a real credit card and not a debit card you can most likely dispute the charges on the card to your credit card company. I most definitely would if they sold you an item(GoogleTV) and then didn't ship it but billed your credit card for a totally different service. (Dish Network programming)

I got home from work today, and guess what was sitting on my doorstep, the GoogleTV that I had ordered. I called them back and told them that I would keep it, since it had came and that they could apply the charges back to my credit card. The issue was them charging me for something and then pretending like they did not know when it would get here. They said it could be days or weeks. I dont know what is so damn hard about keeping up with what the shipping department has sent out and getting a tracking number. Anyway, has anyone else got their's?

I got home from work today, and guess what was sitting on my doorstep, the GoogleTV that I had ordered. I called them back and told them that I would keep it, since it had came and that they could apply the charges back to my credit card. The issue was them charging me for something and then pretending like they did not know when it would get here. They said it could be days or weeks. I dont know what is so damn hard about keeping up with what the shipping department has sent out and getting a tracking number. Anyway, has anyone else got their's?

Have you ever tried to login into your account and do something? You know how it never works. I'm sure the software inside the company is equally as bad. I'm glad you got your box, though.

I am a little disturbed to hear someone is trying to buy "boxes" for resale. This is exactly what cause other subscribers problems with Dish. You are entitle to one box. Period. Not for resale.
If you want to work like you are on Ebay, I suggest you find yourself another forum other than this one!

Claude is also a DISH retailer, and they're a bit bent out of shape that customers have ready access to the units and retailers are still waiting for stock. *shrug*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)