I'm sorry but I have another dumb question?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

no25

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 24, 2004
Stevens Point, WI
I was checking to see when my local channels will be in my area and D web site said this

Local Channels coming in 2004. Equipment needs to be determined soon.

You can receive these local channels using DIRECTV® Multi-Satellite Receiver with APG.

I have the 3LNB Dish right now and a Directv DVR will I need anything else and what is a Multi-Satellite Receiver with APG?

Thank You

And forgive me for being dumb.

I believe APG stands for Advanced Program Guide.
If your locals are going to be out of Wausau, the locals will be on the satellite at 72.5 degrees about 17 or 18 degrees east of due south. This will require another dish and you'll probably end up with two dishes. I don't how Directv will handle this.
Look at the thread titled "72.5 Dates/Equipment". It says Wausau is scheduled for October 19th, but I wouldn't count on it for that date.

no25 said:
I was checking to see when my local channels will be in my area and D web site said this

Local Channels coming in 2004. Equipment needs to be determined soon.

You can receive these local channels using DIRECTV® Multi-Satellite Receiver with APG.

I have the 3LNB Dish right now and a Directv DVR will I need anything else and what is a Multi-Satellite Receiver with APG?

Thank You

And forgive me for being dumb.

Try an OTA for your locals till sat channels r up. I have a cottage north of tomahawk and can get Wausau clear as a bell from there with a $35 channel master. Aren't pretty but they sure work.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts