Status
Please reply by conversation.

trehutch

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 5, 2004
Beaverton
:mad:
Last night I was watching some content on my Tiov just fine then I switched over to see the rest of the Mopnday Night football game in High Def. I have a phillips -7000 tivo non HD. When I went back to the Tivo about 15 minutes later. The 1st screen wehn you power up the macine was on , it said hold on powering up. I thought that is weird I did not disconnect the power at any time. I let it sit for a bout 10 minutes and nothing. Then I unplugged it for a minute, and then I plugged it back in and wen tto bed. I turned the tv on this mornign and it is still on the same screen. Did it get a bad update, or is there a hard reset on the box some where. I will be pretty pissed off if this thing died on me. I will be the 2nd one in less than a year to die on me. Anybody have any suggestions?? help

Trevor

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I would start by complely disconnecting the unit for 60 seconds, including the SAT connections, audio outs, etc. Have you made any modes to the unit at all? At minimum it should say "Welcome, powering up" after you compete this. Let us know where it is after you do this.

I had this issue on one unit I hacked, that is why I ask.

I disconnect ed and the same message is there

I dissconnected the power for over a minute and got the same powering up message, and no it doesn't have any modifications on it

Trevor

You probably have a bad unit. It is possible it was caused by the update being interrupted while loading. As it is known the TiVo software is the front end for a Linux based OS, if your "kernel" is toast, nothing works.

Try to swap the unit out where you bought it before calling D*, then force daily calls until you have software 3.1.1d installed.

That's a bummer man. I have had 3 TiVo's over time, all hacked none failed (knock, knock).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)