Im Switching to directv

i still love all the dish members on this forum and i'll continue to be a part of this group. my dad still has E and will stay with E. I'm still interested in Dish and all the uplink reports. i hope dish members get what they want and deserve. great group of dish members here in this forum that really helped me a lot and i hope i helped to. a lot of things change in 2 years so maybe i'll be back.

I got Dish in January - basically for VOOM. Now I'm trying to figure out if I just take the hit and pay to get out of my contract - or hold out a little longer. I've never been more disappointed in a company.

I don't quite understand the bashing of folks who complain in these threads. That's what they are here for. So why should anyone care if someone rants about Dish? What surprises me is that the people that are doing the bashing have hundreds of posts - so I wonder if it's not more subjective than objective.

I wish - I would have gone with Direct. But at the time - I was thrilled about getting VOOM. Happy for those who have switched. My purchase timing could not have been worse.

:)

Threads like this one crack me up.

I've decided I'm sticking with E*. Maybe that warrants me starting a thread announcing that to the SatGuys community?? :no

True except you would only get a few replies cuz everyone would be over at Direct forums talkin about how they are glad they aren't one of the few still with Dish.

My install for Direct is next Tuesday, made the call last night, hddvr, regular HD receiver, and the plushddvr package, and gues what? I WILL HAVE MY HARRISBURG PA LOCALS!!!!!!! WHOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Cooterbrown . . . sorry about that! :(

Right now I would say if you just signed on to stay with it; even though Direct has slightly more HD channels, the HD programming is just not up to snuff yet with any provider to be quite honest. That is what made VOOM . . . VOOM . . . the no up converting, stretching, programming; which is why in my opinion Dish had something over the other carriers, but alas, I digress before there are 100's of threads to bring it back or the negligence on Dish's part to abandon the channels . . . good luck either way!

There is no way I will be going back with COMCASS!!!

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
POOR CHANNELS
OVER PRICE FEES AND CHARGES

What happened to all the great things that were suppose to happened after the big meeting with Charlie at Team Summit? The ones nobody could talk about.
One National HD.
It was suppose to be weeks, not months.
I have to admit they've been adding local HD at a very respectable rate, nothing else.
I canceled HD Ultimate at the beginning of June, at the end of June I noticed I was charged the same amount, called and Dish said they had no record and wouldn't give me the credit even though I had a copy of the chat session were I canceled.
Wrote an email to ceo@echostar.com.
Haven't heard anything in a week.
I'll give them another week for the credit and I'll be heading to D*, I don't like them indicating I'm a liar, when I have it in writing. All over less than $10.

True except you would only get a few replies cuz everyone would be over at Direct forums talkin about how they are glad they aren't one of the few still with Dish.

My install for Direct is next Tuesday, made the call last night, hddvr, regular HD receiver, and the plushddvr package, and gues what? I WILL HAVE MY HARRISBURG PA LOCALS!!!!!!! WHOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

You'll be sorry. No WFNHD!

I got Dish in January - basically for VOOM. Now I'm trying to figure out if I just take the hit and pay to get out of my contract - or hold out a little longer. I've never been more disappointed in a company.

I don't quite understand the bashing of folks who complain in these threads. That's what they are here for. So why should anyone care if someone rants about Dish? What surprises me is that the people that are doing the bashing have hundreds of posts - so I wonder if it's not more subjective than objective.

I wish - I would have gone with Direct. But at the time - I was thrilled about getting VOOM. Happy for those who have switched. My purchase timing could not have been worse.

You seem to be one of the few that went with Dish for Voom. In theory, Voom was a great advantage for Dish. But in practice, it did nothing for Dish, and made great fodder for Directv ads. Check out the one I just saw today from a Directv retailer (clearly not up to date, but it was when Direct was adding HD subs at a record pace and Dish was stagnant). They even pick on everyone's precious Monsters and Rave! If I was a longtime cable sub, never having seen Voom, I'd say "gee, I watch Sci-Fi, USA, CNN, and FX, but they're right, I've never heard of or seen those channels, I'm going Directv."

And as for us picking on you for these threads, the problem is right in your statement: threads. Scott reopened the Voom thread in the HD forum. If you want to whine, go there. Otherwise, please leave the rest of the Dish forums and threads alone.

(Also, this rant isn't so much directed at you, cooter, but at all the Voom fans still hanging on to the fiction that Voom was some kind of great advantage to Dish)

Attachments

• DvE_ad.jpg
    DvE_ad.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 105

You then have 17 months left or a penalty of $221 and right now American Express is giving $50 to switch to Directv so you would only need to save $171. I saved $788 compared to dish and would save another $216 per year so I think you would likely save a lot in the first year promotions with Directv to make it an instant savings for you.:up

You seem to be one of the few that went with Dish for Voom. In theory, Voom was a great advantage for Dish. But in practice, it did nothing for Dish, and made great fodder for Directv ads. Check out the one I just saw today from a Directv retailer (clearly not up to date, but it was when Direct was adding HD subs at a record pace and Dish was stagnant). They even pick on everyone's precious Monsters and Rave! If I was a longtime cable sub, never having seen Voom, I'd say "gee, I watch Sci-Fi, USA, CNN, and FX, but they're right, I've never heard of or seen those channels, I'm going Directv."

And as for us picking on you for these threads, the problem is right in your statement: threads. Scott reopened the Voom thread in the HD forum. If you
want to whine, go there. Otherwise, please leave the rest of the Dish forums and threads alone.

(Also, this rant isn't so much directed at you, cooter, but at all the Voom fans still hanging on to the fiction that Voom was some kind of great advantage to Dish)

So you never have had Voom? Voom HD had 15 channels of commercial free HD with many channels with programs not available anywhere else like the Equator HD, Treasure HD, Rave HD, Rush HD and others. Monsters and the Kung Fu channels were the only ones with some content that you could find eventually in other combination of channels but for people into those channels they got 24/7 HD of those topics; the other Voom channels have content not available in any other channel.

I went to dish soley for Voom and if you had watched it there would be a good likelyhood you would have a lot of enjoyment. For us we knew we were paying a premium compared to Directv yet the 15 unique HD Voom channels with Zero commercials and better picture quality compared to any other HD was worth it; we ignored quarterly marketing from Directv and Comcast.

If dish was smart they would have marketed Voom but they did not. They also charged extra ontop of the premium to get HD; thus they never tried to help Voom at all. Those whom have watched Voom have a high percentage of strong loyalty and if they had used Voom to their advantage they would not be loosing so many customers now. Right now dish and Directv are basically the same on content with Directv having an edge on HD, and better customer service and more importantly a lower price. Without Voom HD dish will continue to loose more market share and profit margins as they try to change their model and likely loose money trying to compete against Directv whom has had a model with lower pricing for years.

Voom could have been a huge advantage to dish but it was not used that way. I think dish sucks and after Saturday I will be with Directv and happy saving money and not giving money to such a deceitful company like dish! :mad:

that's right. the more people leave the worst it looks for the rest of us that stay behind on a could be sinking ship. hopefully i'm wrong about this.

Huh? With that mentality everyone who had D* a few months ago on this forum should have switched to E*.

While you may be worried that a customer is switching because they feel D* offers them the product they want, the positive is that if E* sees people fleeing for D* it might light a fire under them to react quicker to your issues.

Scott reopened the Voom thread in the HD forum. If you want to whine, go there. Otherwise, please leave the rest of the Dish forums and threads alone.

Geez, all he said was he liked Voom...:confused:

You seem to be one of the few that went with Dish for Voom. QUOTE]

Wrong

Anyway, it is pretty bad they really haven't added anything since the removal of Voom. People were happy because they thought Charlie was going to bring more mainstream hd and fast. Here we are over a month and nothing. Not to mention PQ is the worst I have ever seen and that includes D* when they were in short supply of space.

And as for us picking on you for these threads, the problem is right in your statement: threads. Scott reopened the Voom thread in the HD forum. If you want to whine, go there. Otherwise, please leave the rest of the Dish forums and threads alone.

Again if Charlie had a brain they might have been an advantage. Ever see E* commercials? Ever see D* commercials? They made them different and appealing to certain people just like the nfl is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts