I'm thinking of switching to D*, but I have some Questions first.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

CK SatGuy

Formerly ckhalil18
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
The Motor City
It seems like no matter how I look at it one way or another switching to Directv just seems to make more and more sense to me. The fact that my 722k failed to record the Daily Show and Colbert Report at all this week while I was on vacation seems to be the icing on that cake. The thing is that Directv just has an awesome deal going on right now (especially this week with the extra $5 off packages) and I know I would use the free NFL ST to watch some some out-of-market games. Combined that with the AAA discount and the referral discount on top of the national offer and you got a pretty sweet deal. The thing that's been holding me is that I'm still under contract with Dish until February. I don't mind paying the ETF, which has gone down to $105 before the $17 shipping return, but before I make any final decisions, I have some questions first:

1. Would Directv pay my etf for me even though I'm brand new and never had them before? https://www.web-rebates.com/directv/PDF/361-85/form1.pdf
I've heard mixed answers about this, Would I have to call and ask?

2. Has anyone who switched to D* recently had any luck getting the HR34 for free? I know I would have to call about that which is fine but I was just checking if anyone has tried and had any success. My setup would be a HR34 on my main TV and either a HR24 or H25 on my bedroom TV. I don't need a 24 on my 2nd TV (5 tuners would be more than enough) but if I can convince the CSR to give me a 24 and a 34 for free, then I'll do that. It's the fact of having 7 tuners to record stuff at once just sounds really awesome.

3. I heard some people here on the fourms saying that if they ask the installer about the am-21 ota tuner, the installer would just install one for free. Is that true, or would I have to buy one for sure?

That's all the questions I could think of. If I have any more, I'll ask. Thanks in advance for any replies.:)

It seems like no matter how I look at it one way or another switching to Directv just seems to make more and more sense to me. The fact that my 722k failed to record the Daily Show and Colbert Report at all this week while I was on vacation seems to be the icing on that cake. The thing is that Directv just has an awesome deal going on right now (especially this week with the extra $5 off packages) and I know I would use the free NFL ST to watch some some out-of-market games. Combined that with the AAA discount and the referral discount on top of the national offer and you got a pretty sweet deal. The thing that's been holding me is that I'm still under contract with Dish until February. I don't mind paying the ETF, which has gone down to $105 before the $17 shipping return, but before I make any final decisions, I have some questions first:

1. Would Directv pay my etf for me even though I'm brand new and never had them before? https://www.web-rebates.com/directv/PDF/361-85/form1.pdf
I've heard mixed answers about this, Would I have to call and ask?

2. Has anyone who switched to D* recently had any luck getting the HR34 for free? I know I would have to call about that which is fine but I was just checking if anyone has tried and had any success. My setup would be a HR34 on my main TV and either a HR24 or H25 on my bedroom TV. I don't need a 24 on my 2nd TV (5 tuners would be more than enough) but if I can convince the CSR to give me a 24 and a 34 for free, then I'll do that. It's the fact of having 7 tuners to record stuff at once just sounds really awesome.

3. I heard some people here on the fourms saying that if they ask the installer about the am-21 ota tuner, the installer would just install one for free. Is that true, or would I have to buy one for sure?

That's all the questions I could think of. If I have any more, I'll ask. Thanks in advance for any replies.:)

Good luck on all or any of that.

1. dont know
2. nope. Its $99 for the HR34. Never heard of a new customer getting that for free
3. installers very rarely carry a AM21 with them. They're $50 on the Directv site

DirecTV is very picky about that ETF rebate (and referrals, which you should consider as well). You should qualify, but make sure you have all the documentation they ask for.

1. I have a friend who got their ETF paid, but I did not.
2. See Iceberg.
3. I got mine for free; it's worth a shot. I did not order through Directv, however. It was a deal through a retailer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)